Pardini 32 ACP Barrel Liner

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

ASchlem

Pardini 32 ACP Barrel Liner

Post by ASchlem »

Has anyone done this? Is there a Bullseye gun smith that would be willing to try? First off before the bashing starts i know some have achieved good result with many different loads and that is great. My barrel will not shoot any of the popular reloads or factory ammo well. I believe that my reloading process is VERY consistent. Actually backed up and removed all of the extras that i though helped accuracy,( two step powder funnel, oversize sizing die, ect..) these had no real change. I even weighed out charges with a scale that has .03gn accuracy. The best load i had was 85 xtp's and they were only 10-ring and im out of them. I have tried the more popular projectiles and they all shoot like sh*t. I use a ransom rest and get good result with other pistols. Heck i have even stepped up my process with that. Maybe Pardini would be willing to look and see if there was a defect in manufacturing? I really like my Pardini pistols but im exhausted with this ammo wasting.
Dr.Don

Re: Pardini 32 ACP Barrel Liner

Post by Dr.Don »

I've done several 9mm's to get different twist rates, but not a Pardini. Suggest you talk to fc60 on Bullseye-L. He makes custom barrels for the Pardini, and you would have some choices in terms of available twist rates and bore diameters. Dave is a first class machinist and does great work. It's quite a job since you have to remove the glued-in-place shroud and re-attach it. I don't know anything about his pricing.
Dr.Don
ASchlem

Post by ASchlem »

I have reached out to him and a few others respected smiths in our discipline.
JamesHH

Post by JamesHH »

Can you compare your gun and load side-by side with someone elses?
Can you beg some known good loads from someone?

Cases do have an effect, which cases are you using?

I would have thought ordering and fitting a new barrel from Pardini would be easier and not much more expensive than getting yours sleeved - if it can even be sleeved.
If it solves the problem then you can go back to Pardini with your faulty barrel and ask for them to pay for it.

Or send the gun back and ask them to test it.
Lablover

Post by Lablover »

ASchlem wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:14 pm I have reached out to him and a few others respected smiths in our discipline.
I’m curious to what answers you may have got from any of them
rmca

Post by rmca »

ASchlem,

Have you tried bullets one or two thousand larger?
Make sure you aren't resizing them down when you seat the bullet or when you crimp (if you do...)

It would be a simpler solution vs sleeving the barrel.

Hope this helps
sparky

Post by sparky »

I wonder if having a new barrel made with a faster twist rate to ensure bullets (and heavier bullets) were stabilized out to 50 yards, tighter bore diameter, and chambered for .32acp from the start (rather than taking an unchambered .32s&w barrels and chambering them for .32acp) would result in a more accurate barrel that could also shoot a wider variety of bullets more accurately.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

Factory Pardini barrel with Hornady 0.312" 85 grain XTP at 50 yards...

Cheers,

David
Attachments
314.2012.01.0083.jpg
314.2012.01.0073.jpg
Dr.Don

Post by Dr.Don »

Hard to argue with Dave's barrel tester. If you are seriously concerned about your barrel, maybe you can talk Dave into testing it for you.
Dr.Don
sparky

Post by sparky »

Dr.Don wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:57 am Hard to argue with Dave's barrel tester. If you are seriously concerned about your barrel, maybe you can talk Dave into testing it for you.
Nobody questions that the barrel can be accurate. The problem is it is only accurate with *one* specific make/model of bullet...unless you go through all sorts of hoops with custom dies etc...then it can be accurate with about *two* make/models of bullets...that each require very different set ups for reloading. Seeing how easy it was for Hornady to discontinue the 60gr XTPs, I think it's pretty disadvantageous to be so limited.
ASchlem

Post by ASchlem »

My concern was, is MY barrel in spec. I have seen good groups from a few other Pardini barrels. After what truly felt like a complete waste of a lot of time and ammo one group stood out from the rest. My options were to explore this combination further or start over with a barrel replacement. I decided to go to 5 shot groups to narrow down the best load for my barrel. Surprisingly enough it was very similar to what other were recommending. I spent a lot of time with the dial calipers insuring consistency. I still believe the only difference is all of the latest ammo was built on a RCBS Summit press instead of my XL650. This is by far the best I have seen from my barrel. All testing has been with a ransom rest and at 50yd.Image
Attachments
32acp.jpg
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

Shows promise.

Perhaps you could mention the load specifics?

i.e. Brass, Bullet, Primer, Powder (and how much), Overall Length, Crimp or No Crimp.

Cheers,

Dave
ASchlem

Post by ASchlem »

The most helpful thing was fc60 encouraging comments and suggesting a beam scale and the single stage press.
1.9 N-310
.875 COL
.332 Crimp
StarLine Brass
CCI Primer
Ransom rest @50yd
Standard Lee 3 die set. I believe they shoot better with the very slight amount of crimp.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

What bullet was used?

Cheers,

Dave
ASchlem

Post by ASchlem »

60gn XTP
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

Does your testing suggest that a crimp offers better accuracy?

Generally, jacketed bullets for autoloaders are not crimped.

Cheers,

Dave
ASchlem

Post by ASchlem »

Yes i think it helped in my situation. I adjusted the die to the point where the case is smooth/all flair gone, then a 1/8 ish trun lower. This only measures .0005 to no measurable difference but it also shows a very small shiny line at the case mouth. Probably not considered any crimp by most. I shot 10 with this extra squeeze and i believe it was better for me.
ASchlem

Post by ASchlem »

Same target. I just like this one more.Image
Attachments
222.jpg