anybody tried Eley Bullseye X in their Pardini SP?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Tangohammerli

anybody tried Eley Bullseye X in their Pardini SP?

Post by Tangohammerli »

Just wondering if the Eley is any better than SV CCI?
I have an SP on order and thought about some ammo that was to be specially formulated for the SP...
JimPGov

Re: anybody tried Eley Bullseye X in their Pardini SP?

Post by JimPGov »

I DID RANSOM IT AT 50 YDS WITH A MARVEL. IT SHOT NO BETTER THAN THE CCI SV. THE MARVEL IS A GREAT SHOOTER. WITH LAPUA CENTER-X IT SHOOTS UNDER A HALF INCH. WITH CCI SV AND BULLSEYE X IT SHOT ABOUT 7/8". JP
Two Shanks

Post by Two Shanks »

Never tried cci in my SPBE only pistol king and eley bullseye x.
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

Hey Tango:

I have tested a lot of different ammo's over the years in my Pardini. Posted the results on Rimfire Central a half dozen years ago and if you search using the term "Pardini" you should be able to find some of them.

What I have found is that the European Standard Velocity ammos a measurable increase in accuracy in my Pardini when compared to CCI SV. When I say measurable I am talking of a couple thousands of a inch so for practical purposes, CCI SV delivers the accuracy you need at a significantly lower price.

With that being said, reliability is the main reason to select a ammo for your pardini. For a long time, CCI SV delivered on the reliability for me with only a dud or two in a case of ammo, about the same as I found with other ammos. I used and stocked up with CCI SV especially a year ago when prices were so attractive.

Now, I have heard reports of the new CCI SV packaged in the "Orange Stripe" paper box having reliability issues. I personally have not experienced this but I have only shot about a hundred rounds of the orange stripe stockpile that I have, and I have not gone through my stock to find out how many cases are old "Blue Box" vs the new "Orange Stripe" ammo. From what I have read, some lots of Orange Stripe function great and some shooters have gotten a bad case and returned them to CCI for a replacement.

I will see how the CCI performs in my Pardini before I start ordering more ammo (and also wait for ammo prices to stabilize) but I have had good experience with Wolf (both varieties), SK (the cheaper ammos including SK Magazine up to SK Pistol Match Special), Norma (cheaper varieties), and GECO (again the cheaper varieties). I do not prefer the super greasy lubrication on the European nor the higher prices but if CCI is not reliable I will start ordering the European ammos based on price.

With the volume of ammo I shoot the price is a significant factor in my ammo selection but will not hesitate to upgrade to a higher priced ammo if it delivers and CCI SV has more then a couple malfunctions in a case.

I also have a couple cases of the bulk Eley ammo from the CMP at $350.00/case on order but it has not been delivered yet. Will test that out and if it functions ok, will order a couple more cases after the first of the year (the CMP limits you to two cases a year). I have read that the CMP Bulk ammo functions in Pardini's on the Bullseye L forum from some of my fellow Michigan Shooters so I am pretty confidant with that ammo.

Regards,
Crankster
Tangohammerli

Post by Tangohammerli »

Just tried the Eley bulk from CMP. From 50 yards, held the x ring without any issues. Even functioned without a hiccup in 30 degree weather..