FWB P30 problem

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

stalil

FWB P30 problem

Post by stalil »

Hello everybody.
I bought recently a FWB P30 pcp pistol and I am facing the following problem. When I press the trigger very slowly, the trigger reaches the end of its travel and doesn't fire. I have to re-cock (althought it is cocked). If I pull the trigger in a more lively manner ( a little faster) the pistol will shoot normally. Any idea what is the cause of the problem?
I have dismantled the pistol, cleaned it properly and the problem persists. Is this the right place to post this subject?
Dr.Don

Re: FWB P30 problem

Post by Dr.Don »

Not familiar with this pistol, but in general I would suggest backing off the over-travel adjustment a bit.
Dr.Don
stalil

Post by stalil »

Thanks Dr. Don, but I have played with all screws to no avail... trigger slack and trigger stop screws didn't make any difference.
Stavros
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

stalil wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:38 pm Thanks Dr. Don, but I have played with all screws to no avail... trigger slack and trigger stop screws didn't make any difference.
Stavros
I'm no gunsmith, but "...played with all the screws..." sound like it could be a possible recipe for disaster. Unless one is meticulous about changing only one setting at a time and then returning it to factory spec, I suspect you could be making things worse, not better. From my reading on this forum, I've come to believe that high end triggers are precision instruments and should only be adjusted by a professional. Just my two cents worth.

Dennis, aka Dulcmrman
stalil

Post by stalil »

thanks Dennis, you are 100% correct... "playing" with all screws could be disastrous (or can solve a problem only accidentaly...) without knowing what the correct sequence is and where to start from... I will start over by observing the way the parts are functioning... I was just hoping somebody had the same problem and thus the solution...
Tangohammerli

Post by Tangohammerli »

repost this in the olympic pistol forum...