Pole length

For those who like shooting in the snow

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Craig1956

Bbb

Pole length

Post by Bbb »

Sorry this isn't target marker related but does any one know if the recent change to classic skiing for biathlon also includes the 83% rule for pole length?
Krenovian

Re: Pole length

Post by Krenovian »

Bbb can you point me to a link or a source for the change regarding classic skiing and biathlon you are referring to? To my knowledge classic or diagonal stride has always been allowed but is rarely used because freestyle or skate technique is generally faster. The IBU regs regarding pole length Simply state that they can be no longer than the height of the athlete when the pole tip is placed on top of the ski just ahead of the binding. http://res.cloudinary.com/deltatre-spa- ... lteurb.pdf (updated 2019)

USBA and IBU don’t have any classic only races/events. Local clubs may hold such an event, though in the USBA Western Region we haven’t had any such events that I’m aware of. The 2020 IBU Congress has been postponed. Any new regs. would come out of the Congress and the rule book would be updated accordingly.
Bbb

Re: Pole length

Post by Bbb »

not sure where i saw it, mabey in a dream or a dream within a dream, thanx for the feedback.