Camp Perry

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Anon

Camp Perry

Post by Anon »

An earlier discussion (Empire State Games) hit upon a very important thing- venues, and ownership/control over them.
For those going to Camp Perry this year, smallbore, you might be in for a rude awakening. There may be limited firing points, and the firing line "supposedly" has been moved forward. This is all because the owners of the property made changes to the layout since last year. Changes that we as guests must live with.
Like Wolf Creek, I believe the writing is on the wall with Camp Perry. If you are an NRA member, or just a competitor, I encourage you to write to anyone at the NRA who will listen- Directors, Wayne L, Ed Land- and encourage them to start looking for a piece of land they can call home for nationals. Otherwise, the day will come when we're left out in the cold. And yes, the NRA does have money and CAN AFFORD to do this, but it's gonna take pressure.

Clean shot 22

Re: Camp Perry

Post by Clean shot 22 »

I was wondering what would be wrong with Whittington Center. Seems like a really nice setup but not sure if it could provide all the facilities on the same scale?

Don

Post by Don »

: I was wondering what would be wrong with Whittington Center. Seems like a really nice setup but not sure if it could provide all the facilities on the same scale?
Whittington would work fine, and it would also make it much easier for use west coasters to make it to the Nationals. More housing, dining facilities could be built to handle the numbers. I have been there and it would be a great site. Think about it, NRA!!!
kevin nevius

Post by kevin nevius »

I believe it would be a mistake to move the Nationals to the Whittington Center. If you look at it from a population and participation standpoint, the midwest is where it's at. This idea is not new, I just believe it would wither and die if moved west.
Kevin
nevius-at-nwonline.net.42085.42053
Perry W. McFarland

Post by Perry W. McFarland »

Hello All:
I just heard this information directly from the "horse's mouth", so to speak
1. Camp Perry Smallbore entries are running at about the same level as last year
2. The range will be able to accommodate about 350 people
3. The firing line will be located in the same place as always.
4. The firing line will be moved East (to the right) for smallbore.
5. Late entries and post entries will be accommodated in the area known to Camp Perry regulars as the "Dry Gulch". This is where the National Guard has done some "renovations".
6. The National Guard has constructed earthen mounds in front of some of these firing points. NRA is checking to be sure that the targets are visible and that they are not obstructed by the earthen mounds.
7. Anyone who is assigned to one of these points will be allowed to take it or to withdraw from the Nationals.
Regards.
Perry
PerryMcF-at-aol.com.42133.42044