Hammerli SP20 and equipment check in

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Paul

Hammerli SP20 and equipment check in

Post by Paul »

I am thinking of buying an SP20 in 22lr with a 32 conversion.
How does this work for competition rules, trigger weights, etc?
For walking into the equipment check, set up as 22, they can check the trigger pull of 1000g.
Do I need to have a second gun for competition, or can I change barrels on the line between competitions, adjust the trigger pull for CF, and just be trusted?
Otherwise, at equipment check do I need to swap calibres and adjust trigger pull?
Could you please share your experience, and knowledge of the rules?
Finally, one last question. For the price of an SP20 with conversion, I could buy a Pardini 22 and 32. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance,
Paul
walter

Re: Hammerli SP20 and equipment check in

Post by walter »

there is a screw in the back of the grip that clicks over from 22 to 32 for the trigger adjustment.
Both weights can be checked at the same (general) time.
You should compare the Hammerli and the Pardini side by side to see what you want.
fred

Post by fred »

If you are planning on using the SP20 in .22 and in .32 at the same match, how do you plan on sighting in the .32? The chance of the same sight setting being correct for both calibers is quite small. Will they allow you to sight in your gun between matches? Just raising another question to consider.

: I am thinking of buying an SP20 in 22lr with a 32 conversion.
: How does this work for competition rules, trigger weights, etc?
: For walking into the equipment check, set up as 22, they can check the trigger pull of 1000g.
: Do I need to have a second gun for competition, or can I change barrels on the line between competitions, adjust the trigger pull for CF, and just be trusted?
: Otherwise, at equipment check do I need to swap calibres and adjust trigger pull?
: Could you please share your experience, and knowledge of the rules?
: Finally, one last question. For the price of an SP20 with conversion, I could buy a Pardini 22 and 32. Any thoughts?
: Thanks in advance,
: Paul

frbauer-at-msn.com.41640.41632
Nev Cross

Post by Nev Cross »

Don't even consider buying the SP20 with a conversion, I did and then found out the complcations. The trigger has to be adjusted each time, the sights have to adjusted and the .32 slide has to be greased, not oiled like the .22 slide. This means that you have to remove all the oil from the slide and receiver after shooting 22 and then all the grease after you shoot 32. It is a real pain. Buy separate guns, much more practical.

nevcross-at-bigpond.com.41650.41632
Spencer C

each checked separately

Post by Spencer C »

This is considered at two pistols for the purposes of Equipment Control approvals.
: For walking into the equipment check, set up as 22, they can check the trigger pull of 1000g.
And overall weight, overall size, sight radius, etc.
: Do I need to have a second gun for competition, or can I change barrels on the line between competitions, adjust the trigger pull for CF, and just be trusted?
And be disqualified!
: Otherwise, at equipment check do I need to swap calibres and adjust trigger pull?
The standard gun needs to be set up and approved.
The CG gun needs to be set up and approved.
: Finally, one last question. For the price of an SP20 with conversion, I could buy a Pardini 22 and 32. Any thoughts?

ab

Get two Pardini's, it's very had too do better

Post by ab »

christophe

the best 2 Hammerli SP20

Post by christophe »

no for the convertion
you shoud buy one hammerli sp20 in 22lr and one hammerli in 32 swl
it my choice , i am very happy with my two pistol
For me hammerli sp20 is better than pardini sp
good luck
Scott

Post by Scott »

Get the Walther GSP .22/.32 kit. Same frame and grip on both, swap the trigger groups and top ends. Takes maybe 15 seconds if you're dead tired, only 10 if the clock is running. Counts as one gun for legal purposes, handy in purchase restricted states and on the airlines. Mine have each gone many thousands of rounds without a hitch right out of the box. The trigger group/cassette design allows you to have a spare trigger for each as a back-up in case something goes wrong in a big match. The sights are on the top ends so you maintain your sight settings for each gun.
Scott

submoa-at-aol.com.41687.41632
Paul T (UK)

Post by Paul T (UK) »

I shot a Hammerli 280 .32 with .22 conversion. I ended up purchasing a new trigger and frame to provide two separate guns (I used custom grips anyway). I now shoot separate .22 and .32 SP20’s. The internal lubrication are different, the trigger weights requires a separate visit to equipment control between events. At a serious match, shooters should not tamper with the trigger after equipment control as any random tests (less than random is they spot you messing about with triggers!) and the mandatory tests for the top placed shooters could waste your hard efforts of success.
I must confess I would seriously consider the Morini and Pardini as alternatives to review with the SP20 for both .32 and .22 and would suggest if possible you try all six combinations to for you to find what feels best for you. I discounted the Morini a while ago for 25m shooting as they have a very dropped wrist grip angle. I have the Morini 162EI and hope to obtain the free pistol soon so I am quite a Morini fan! This grip angle seemed impractical for 25m shooting events but obviously some were less silent than I so would recommend a trial with this grip.
Irrespective of your selected pistols, I suggest retaining sufficient budget for good grips and optics if required as these can easily be overlooked.
I hope you enjoy your selected pistols.

paul-at-land.demon.co.uk.41778.41632