Don’t like loading magazines..look at this aftermarket speedloader for Matchguns MG2.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
joel

Re: Don’t like loading magazines..look at this aftermarket speedloader for Matchguns MG2.

Post by joel »

Been using mine for over a year, it's quite nice.

Joel
metman

Re: Don’t like loading magazines..look at this aftermarket speedloader for Matchguns MG2.

Post by metman »

I don't find I need more than 15s to load my MG2 mag, so the gain in speed might be minimal, but it might take less effort to use the loader.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

5 shot speed loader??? No offense, but that seems pretty easy to do. Now, if you have a handgun with a high capacity magazine, (15 rounds or more) and you’re shooting all day, you’ll definitely need a Maglula...
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I think the convenience is it’s selling point. As metman said it doesn’t take long to load an MG2 mag but this looks like it will require even less concentration and dexterity which can only be helpful in a competition.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

If convenience is your thing, having a few loaded spare magazines would make better sense than using a speed loader...

https://www.krale.shop/en/magazine-matc ... ounds.html
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

kevinweiho wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:24 pm If convenience is your thing, having a few loaded spare magazines would make better sense than using a speed loader...
Not a good idea in an ISSF match, unless you like penalty points. ISSF rule 8.7.6.2 c & d
DGIDE

Post by DGIDE »

I agree with the ISSF comment. The load command means load the magazine. Pulling a pre loaded magazine out of your gun box is a real big OOPS! Could get you sent home with out firing a shot.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Don’t know zilch about the rules for 25 m rapid fire pistol. If a speed loader is allowed in competition, they should make one with a 15 rd. capacity!
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Don’t know zilch about the rules for 25 m rapid fire pistol
There lies the problem. The standard ( and legal ) magazine for a MG2 is five rounds and this aftermarket offering is purely to load five rounds into the magazine more easily.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

So for centrefire are you allowed to take say thirteen preloaded five-shot magazines (of any style or any firearm brand) to an ISSF match and leave them lined up on your bench? Do the rounds specifically need to be removed from another box? Are you allowed to load from loose rounds kept in your pocket? In Air Pistol are you allowed to load with pellets kept in your pocket?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

You may not load a magazine until the command "Load" and if you load more than 1 magazine with ammunition (maximum of 5 rounds) you suck a 2 point penalty.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

deadeyedick wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:49 am
Don’t know zilch about the rules for 25 m rapid fire pistol
There lies the problem. The standard ( and legal ) magazine for a MG2 is five rounds and this aftermarket offering is purely to load five rounds into the magazine more easily.
Is the aftermarket five round speed loader allowed for use during a ISSF competition? If so, then a higher capacity speed loader would be a better option...If the rule is loading loose rounds by hand, then there is no purpose for a five rounds speed loader, it`s just a gimmick...
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

I'm sorry, but you can load the magazine just about as quickly as you can load the charger or "speed loader". The video was a little silly since when he was loading the mag by hand he used his left hand to take each cartridge out of the palm of his right hand, and then handed it back to his right hand fingers to load, while when he was loading the speed loader he started with all the cartridges in his right hand and just dropped them in.

The only benefit I can see is that by not having the mag in your hand while loading you avoid the possibility of inadvertent cartridge fountains from accidentally squeezing the release on the magazine.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

You may not load a magazine until the command "Load" and if you load more than 1 magazine with ammunition (maximum of 5 rou
How about having a number of what the manufacturer calls “speedloaders” standing on the bench with five shots sitting in each awaiting their turn to be loaded into a magazine ?

It could be argued that the “speedloaders” are a container similar to the cardboard box that the bullets are normally stored in. At that point the bullets are certainly have not been loaded into a magazine.

What’s your opinion David ?
Last edited by deadeyedick on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Is the aftermarket five round speed loader allowed for use during a ISSF competition? If so, then a higher capacity speed loader would be a better option...If the rule is loading loose rounds by hand, then there is no purpose for a five rounds speed loader, it`s just a gimmick..
I can’t see any reason why the loader/storage receptacle couldn’t contain enough rounds even for a complete match if it can be made to work correctly.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The 3D printed speedloader in question is a single tube. I don't see any reason you couldn't design one that is like a revolver cylinder, with 6 or more tubes. Going to enough tubes for a 60 shot match could get a bit unwieldy...

The ISSF rules are against having a loaded magazine at any time other than after the load command is given for each string. I don't see that having transferred your ammo to a multi-tube speed loader is any different from having a loading block. In fact, I 3D print cartridge lifters for CCI & Aguila ammo that lift 5 round rows to a height where they are easier to grab:
Case Lifter.jpg
Case Lifter.jpg (36.13 KiB) Viewed 5129 times
I don't see that the speed loader is any different.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

My point exactly.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

deadeyedick wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:13 pm What’s your opinion David ?
I wouldn't have any problem with the loading block design as above.

Splitting the ammunition into 5-shot "loading devices" would possibly draw the attention of the Jury. "Spirit and intent" of the rules.

My immediate reaction is KISS.
joel

Post by joel »

If you haven't loaded the MG2 mag, you might not understand. Is it difficult, time consuming or particularly tricky, no. But, the loader removes the chance of sending 5 rounds down range out of the tube by accident and you can easily and quickly load the tubes. It requires no concentration and is quite a bit quicker. For me, it's a good thing.

Joel