How does velocity affects on shots count(Evo10)?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sstyle

How does velocity affects on shots count(Evo10)?

Post by sstyle »

How many shots I will get on 155ms and on 170ms? Somebody knows?
william

Re: How does velocity affects on shots count(Evo10)?

Post by william »

There is a supremely easy way to find out. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone: Learn about your cylinder capacity AND accumulate shot count on your way to the 5000 that was suggested before you mess with your trigger.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

What is your intended benefit of 170m/s (550 ft/sec)? Lot's of proven science that 500ft/sec (155m/s) is optimal.

(Unless you found a "Buy 10 Scuba tanks, get one free" sale - to economize the extra air loss.)
sstyle

Post by sstyle »

I shoot also silhouette shooting. So I have to more power to drop the target of I do a "split"..But if I will get significantly more shots with 155ms I will dropdown the velocity
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

When you purchase a top level 10 meter air pistol you are purchasing an air pistol that has been optimally tuned with great triggers. It does not matter if it is a Steyr, Feinwerkbau, Pardini, Match Gun, Morini, or Walther. As someone else mentioned, do not touch anything until you have at least 5,000 pellets and 10,000 dry fires.

Chip
sstyle

Post by sstyle »

ChipEck wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:07 pm When you purchase a top level 10 meter air pistol you are purchasing an air pistol that has been optimally tuned with great triggers. It does not matter if it is a Steyr, Feinwerkbau, Pardini, Match Gun, Morini, or Walther. As someone else mentioned, do not touch anything until you have at least 5,000 pellets and 10,000 dry fires.

Chip
Please read the topic. I just asked about shots count from one charge
william

Post by william »

"Please read the topic. I just asked about shots count from one charge"

Please read the reply. How do you propose to alter the velocity without making an adjustment which consensus is you really ought to wait to make?
sstyle

Post by sstyle »

Sorry, but it`s really bullshit advice (in velocity case. I agreed about trigger).
greentangerine

Post by greentangerine »

You'll get less with 170m/s.

Given that repeatable accuracy is the primary concern of a target shooter, the real question is what velocity should my pistol be firing at to maximise my score and that's been answered, which is unsurprisingly and coincidentally about the same as the factory settings.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

True! If you miss the silhouette target all-together, it won't fall. Regardless of velocity.
Rover

Post by Rover »

sstyle wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:29 am How many shots I will get on 155ms and on 170ms? Somebody knows?

It depends on how much air is in your SCUBA tank, but at either velocity you will get over 100 shots. That should cover two 40 shot silhouette matches and you have two cylinders. I would use heavy round nose pellets for max energy, but would try flat nose for those times when you clip the edge of the target. I HAVE found accuracy fall-off at low velocity, but never at higher (up to 600 fps).

BTW I won a silhouette match using a FWB 65 springer and iron sights.