Rink Grip

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Kallysan

Rink Grip

Post by Kallysan »

Question, does anyone know if all Rink size Medium AP grips have the same grip profile? I tried my buddies for his Morini 162ei and loved the feel. Just wondering if I order one for my LP500 if it will feel the same.
40xguy

Re: Rink Grip

Post by 40xguy »

Suggest going to their website: https://www.formgriffe.de/en/

Additionally, you might consider getting the hand measurements your friend used for his or her grip, and then asking Rink to use those measurements to buy a grip for your pistol. Having said this, if you shoot a different pistol than your friend, the "feeling" could very well be different, even tho the measurements are identical.
Hammer to shape, file to fit, paint to match...
spektr

Post by spektr »

Rinks are CNC cut, so they are consistant model to model.
That said, If your friends fit the way you wanted it to , copy the numbers off of it and place the order that way.
gimgim

Post by gimgim »

> Rinks are CNC cut, so they are consistant model to model.

I can confirm that.
I have Rink grips on a Evo10, CM84E, Toz35M (2) and they all feel identical
Coolmeester

Post by Coolmeester »

There is 'convex' and 'flat' options in every size. Also 'normal' and 'thick' in volume.
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
Mike38

Post by Mike38 »

I have Rink grips size small on a Benelli MP95 and a Ruger MkII. I would say they are very close to the same feel, but not identical. These are very different pistols, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.
gimgim

Post by gimgim »

> I would say they are very close to the same feel, but not identical.

Agree.
"Identical" in my post above is not the right word (FP and AP grips are far from identical).
I should have said that the fit for grips of the same size is very consistent.

> Just wondering if I order one for my LP500 if it will feel the same.

In the past I have sold on Ebay like-new Rink grips with minimal loss. A possibility is to order, try, and if the feeling is not what you expect, resell immediately (I believe Rink has also a return policy, but I have never used it as it seem unfair to return a custom made grip if the issue is not their fault)
spektr

Post by spektr »

Just an alternate thought.
Andrew Berryhill does outstanding work with 3d printed grips, quite affordable, might be worth a look.......
Kallysan

Post by Kallysan »

Thanks for the Replies. I should have said I only held the Grip when it was off the AP, the volume and shape is what I really liked. Fit my hand perfectly.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Rink actually engraves most of the critical options right into the side of the grip. This includes a code for what pistol it fits, right or left handed, size, and if it has a 7 degree offset for cross-dominant shooters. I've never seen a grip that had the 'flat' shape or 'thick' volume options, so I don't know if/how they would mark those.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Kallysan wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:21 am . Fit my hand perfectly.
That is NOT what you want. You want the sights to be perfectly aligned on the target with no effort when the grip fits correctly.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

Gwhite wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:43 am I've never seen a grip that had the 'flat' shape or 'thick' volume options, so I don't know if/how they would mark those.
The "thick" option adds the letter "d" (small-d) to the code. It stands for "d i c k", German for "thick". So such a grip will have five letters engraved. This option adds material to the back of the grip where it meets the web of your thumb, to allow more reach for the trigger finger. I find I prefer the thick option for my AW93, but the regular for my Benelli MP90S. So my AW93 is LRB0d (Large-Righthand-Convex-0degree-Thick), and my Benelli is LRB0 (Large-Righthand-Convex-0degree).

I'm not certain what the letter code for "flat" is. But as I mentioned it is the third character, so if the grip has a different letter from "B", my guess is it's the flat version. I'd be interested to know the code!
gimgim

Post by gimgim »

> I'd be interested to know the code!

The code for flat is "F"
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

Rover wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:33 pm
Kallysan wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:21 am . Fit my hand perfectly.
That is NOT what you want. You want the sights to be perfectly aligned on the target with no effort when the grip fits correctly.
side question: if the gun (FWB p8x for example) allows you to adjust the grip in all directions, you just care about the fit, right? the alignment is done by the pistol.
i;m asking this because of the 7 degrees for cross-eye dominance that Rink puts in his grips. for a P8X or a LP500, you don;t need that offset in the grip, you do it by rotating the grip, right?
Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Only if it has that much adjustment. Hard to say for sure, but 7 degrees is quite a bit.

If the gap on each side of the frame is 2 mm when the grip is centered & straight, and the cutout for the frame is 50 mm from front to back, the frame will hit the front of the grip opening on one side at an angle of only ~ 2.3 degrees.
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

Gwhite wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:13 pm Only if it has that much adjustment. Hard to say for sure, but 7 degrees is quite a bit.

If the gap on each side of the frame is 2 mm when the grip is centered & straight, and the cutout for the frame is 50 mm from front to back, the frame will hit the front of the grip opening on one side at an angle of only ~ 2.3 degrees.
yes... you are right. the P8X can be turned +- 3 degrees. cannot find info on lp500
guess i;ll have to get a Rink grip than....
ruig

Post by ruig »

gimgim wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:33 pm > Rinks are CNC cut, so they are consistant model to model.

I can confirm that.
I have Rink grips on a Evo10, CM84E, Toz35M (2) and they all feel identical
By the way - how this part with three screws can be adjusted (Rink free pistol grip)? How it works?
gimgim

Post by gimgim »

> By the way - how this part with three screws can be adjusted (Rink free pistol grip)? How it works?

(for a RH grip)
Once the hex screw to the left (jam screw) is loosened, there are two threaded rods at the bottom that move the palm rest up and down.
For the three screws, you gradually adjust one at the time, by 1 turn or so, and repeat to adjust the fit (the block moves left/right)

https://www.formgriffe.de/u/leaflet-rink.pdf
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

got a Rink grip for my FWB100 and... made a video about it :) https://youtu.be/LuSNlBwsqL0