styer lp 2 does not have a cover on barrel where as lp 10 compact has

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
rajemessage

styer lp 2 does not have a cover on barrel where as lp 10 compact has

Post by rajemessage »

hi,

can I remove that cover from lp 10 barrel to reduce the weight of the gun? which does not exit in the lp 2

yours sincerely
Silvershooter

Re: styer lp 2 does not have a cover on barrel where as lp 10 compact has

Post by Silvershooter »

Yes easy to do, but you will need the compensator as fitted to the LP2 to hold the front sight.
rajemessage

Post by rajemessage »

Silvershooter wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:06 am Yes easy to do, but you will need the compensator as fitted to the LP2 to hold the front sight.
I could not understand, I mean can I reduce the weight by removing the outer stabilizer(covering with holes vents on the barrel which is not present on lp 2) from the barrel of lp 10 companct or not?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

rajemessage wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:36 am
Silvershooter wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:06 am Yes easy to do, but you will need the compensator as fitted to the LP2 to hold the front sight.
I could not understand, I mean can I reduce the weight by removing the outer stabilizer(covering with holes vents on the barrel which is not present on lp 2) from the barrel of lp 10 companct or not?
Yes you can, but you then need to fit the LP2 compensator on to the LP10 (or there is nowhere to fit the front sight).
rajemessage

Post by rajemessage »

David Levene wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:04 am
Yes you can, but you then need to fit the LP2 compensator on to the LP10 (or there is nowhere to fit the front sight).
thank u , is it allowed , i mean will it fit into it?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

rajemessage wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:55 am
David Levene wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:04 am
thank u , is it allowed , i mean will it fit into it?
It is a fairly common conversion and has been used in the Olympics.