hammerli international 208 vs feinwerkbau aw 93

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

EDDY

hammerli international 208 vs feinwerkbau aw 93

Post by EDDY »

Hi,I got a hammerli 208 and shoot very well, but I want to change it for a feinwerkbau aw 93 because I like it more, what is your opinion,
what pistol are best.
jim

Re: hammerli international 208 vs feinwerkbau aw 93

Post by jim »

: IMHO
I like the 208 but I am into classics.
The 93 will have a larger parts supply that won't run dry any time soon.
The 208 will always have a resonable resale value if kept in good shape. Its still too early to tell about the FWB.
Mounting a scope or dot on the 208 is much easier.
IMHO.
jimfabanich-at-attbi.com.41272.41269
walter young

Post by walter young »

It is never a good idea to sell a good target gun for another. It is better to have both.

Michael

Post by Michael »

If you are shooting it in bullseye then the straighter grip angle of the 208 is an easier transition to the 1911. The AW 93 doesn't lock back after the last round is fired. If you are shooting ISSF then the grip angle and scope mounting problem won't be a factor. Dr. Darius Young has had some success recently with the AW 93.
: Hi,I got a hammerli 208 and shoot very well, but I want to change it for a feinwerkbau aw 93 because I like it more, what is your opinion,
: what pistol are best.

Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

: If you are shooting it in bullseye then the straighter grip angle of the 208 is an easier transition to the 1911. The AW 93 doesn't lock back after the last round is fired.
The AW93 SHOULD lock open after the last round in a magazine is fired (well mine does anyway - flawlessly)
Fortitudo_Dei-at-hotmail.com.remove.41288.41287
Leonard

Post by Leonard »

The fisrt models did not lock back after the last shot - the newer ones ( two toned with blued slide ) do

Greg Derr

Better pistol

Post by Greg Derr »

You will shoot the pistol you "Like" more. This is basic psychology. Ever think when you were a kid that your car drove faster after a new cooat of wax? The same hold true for shooring. I've seen many shooters who just plain did not like a gun, regardless of the make or quality, needless to say they had a very big chip on thier sholders every time they used it. If you have a feeling about a particular piece of equipment, you are better off satisfying that need than pondering not trying it, each time you use the present piece of equipment. Greg
Bob Riegl

Re: Better pistol

Post by Bob Riegl »

I bought a Hammerli 208s after I thought my Clark S&W41 was no longer for me. The 208s cost lot's of bucks---I didn't like the gun from the first day I picked it up--and I think it felt that because my scores and average fell. I thought it was just a matter of getting used to the gun---no way---I sold it for lot's of bucks and bought the Pardini SP---now there's is a gun I love and I shoot it well---and it matches my HP in all but trigger pull. It's not always the name and money spent.
Bill Freyfogle

Post by Bill Freyfogle »

I bought my AW93 3 years ago after seeing Doc Young's gun. I had a machinist cut dovetails directly into the barrel for mounting Millett .22 rings for the red dot. My gun is one color and the slide does not lock back. I put a set of Nill grips on it and this pistol shoots like a dream come true. It took a few months to get used to the 2-stage trigger and the grip angle but once I learned to shoot it this gun is fantastic. The built-in recoil system is a serious advantage in all rapid fire shooting and the trigger is perfectly consistent.
Bill
Freyf-at-yahoo.com.41313.41296