Lg 400 problem

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

glr1

Lg 400 problem

Post by glr1 »

I have an LG400 that shoot very low,run out of elevation,switched to different rear and front sight and pellets with the same results . I send an email to walther USA but no reply yet,any one else have this problem and how did you fix it.thank you
abrasivereshaping

Re: Lg 400 problem

Post by abrasivereshaping »

Did you check velocity with a chronograph. Are you using sight risers? If so, make sure they are both the same height front and rear.
glr1

Post by glr1 »

I played around with risers the same results, I will chrono it, what's the average pellet speed set by the factory?
proneshooter

Post by proneshooter »

Shooting target at 10 meters? Pellets cutting clean hole in the target paper? Tank filled to correct pressure?
abrasivereshaping

Post by abrasivereshaping »

glr1 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:31 am what's the average pellet speed set by the factory?
The speed should be 170-172 m/s (558-564 FPS), I have also tested the LG400 at 176-178m/s (577-584 FPS) with good results. Also check the standard velocity devitation, it should be no more than .9-1.5 m/s (3-5 FPS)
Bob Foth

Post by Bob Foth »

The speed would have to be VERY slow for you to run out of adjustment. If your sights are not broken, you almost certainly have the wrong combination of risers and sights. Try something higher in back or lower in front. You may also post photo(s) if still confused.
pfiori

Post by pfiori »

My first question to you would be is this a new or new to you rifle or is it a rifle that shot well and has developed this problem?
glr1

Post by glr1 »

This is actually my sons rifle, I bought it new from cc and it actually worked good,less than 5k of r10,he shot it at the World Cup try outs about 2 yrs ago,mostly use it with scatt at home,he is in college now and have not been using it. I tried it last month and there I notice the problem of shooting low and running out of elevation. I have been trying to solve this problem-I’m a competition shooter my self-master in high power rifle,master in conventional pistol and I think I know about the sight adjustment, I having problem with my chrono not picking up the pellet speed-the same problem with speed from my morini ap, I will try again tomorrow and chrono my rimfire on my Annie,I think it’s the velocity if so there is no way to adjust it.with all the LG400 users there got to be someone with this problem or I just got a lemon
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

If its cutting a crisp hole the guns shooting fine. You need to add a riser to the rear or take one off the front
pfiori

Post by pfiori »

Ok, so this rifle and sight combination was working and now after sitting unused for +/- 2 years has developed this problem.
Assuming the cylinder is charged well into the operating range, the gun probably needs to be serviced. There are several folks around that can do this for you such as Elite Shooting Sports and our Site Host Pilkington guns.
One thing that you can check is the front sight extension tube. It is held on the barrel with 2 small set screws that fit into dimples in the barrel. This arrangement is not that solid and can move enough to give you this condition if bumped or moved and not reinstalled carefully. Try loosening it and reinstalling it and see if that changes anything.
Let us know what you find.
glr1

Post by glr1 »

Thank you,finished chrono yesterday 570f/s average,df 3.I readjusted the screws on the front barrel tube and it fixed the problem, thank you again
guidolastra

Post by guidolastra »

how do you adjust the speed in this rifle model?