Dry fire Pardini SPBE 22

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

bentrod

Dry fire Pardini SPBE 22

Post by bentrod »

I have the 6" version of the Pardini SP22 BE coming soon, what is the best way to dry fire this gun? I have been shooting a Ruger MKII and dry firing it for years without a plug because the firing has an cross-pin to keep the firing pin from striking the breech face. If the Pardini has a suspended firing pin also why is a plug needed. I have been shooting my Marvel conversion with a dry wall screw in the chamber and cocking the hammer. If i cannot do this with the Pardini, what plug is needed that is not too cumbersome?

Thanks,

Jim
neal77

Re: Dry fire Pardini SPBE 22

Post by neal77 »

I have the 5" SP and have always used the dry fire plug that came with the gun.
dronning

Post by dronning »

I have the 6", and I use the plug, it's not cumbersome you barely have to move the bolt to reset the trigger.
- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
Tangohammerli

Post by Tangohammerli »

plug, always. I have the repair kit, just in case, with new fpin..
bentrod

Post by bentrod »

Well I now have the gun, WOW!

Came with a plug, works like a charm, barely have to move the bolt to reset the hammer. It will take some time to get the grip where I want it, but it is close now. I had to set the trigger forward quite a bit, it couldn't have been easier to do that. I will scope it with my new Aimpoint H1, as soon as the Kodiak mount and tubes I ordered from KC get here.

I shot it with irons yesterday for function test before I made any modifications, it likes CCI SV. I didn't try any other ammo because I have 2 cases of the CCI. I see very high scores with it soon.

Jim
dronning

Post by dronning »

bentrod wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:28 pm Well I now have the gun, WOW!

Came with a plug, works like a charm, barely have to move the bolt to reset the hammer. It will take some time to get the grip where I want it, but it is close now. I had to set the trigger forward quite a bit, it couldn't have been easier to do that. I will scope it with my new Aimpoint H1, as soon as the Kodiak mount and tubes I ordered from KC get here.

I shot it with irons yesterday for function test before I made any modifications, it likes CCI SV. I didn't try any other ammo because I have 2 cases of the CCI. I see very high scores with it soon.

Jim
You will love the Kodiak and H1. The Kodiak didn't fit over the rail but with a couple of passes with a file it fit perfect. It took a while to get my grips exactly where I wanted them. I also have a Dick Horton 1911 angle orthopedic grip and a 1911 printed grip from https://www.precisiontargetpistolgrips.com/. So far my high score has been with the 1911 printed grips. CCI SV has been accurate and flawless.
- Dave
6" Bullseye edition
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
bentrod

Post by bentrod »

dronning,

thanks for the feedback, I ordered the 1911 grips that you are using.

If they workout I will get the same for my Baikal IZH 46.

Let's face it old JMB really knew this stuff.

Jim
tray999

Post by tray999 »

bentrod wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:28 pm Well I now have the gun, WOW!

Jim
Jim,

Just a word of caution that I have had issues with CCI SV being a little long in my SP magazines and not feeding. It might be a lot thing, but I thought I would mention it.
dronning

Post by dronning »

tray999 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:45 pm
Jim,

Just a word of caution that I have had issues with CCI SV being a little long in my SP magazines and not feeding. It might be a lot thing, but I thought I would mention it.
About 3K rounds of CCI SV through my SP BE 6" and no issues.
- Dave
~ Ben Franklin
bentrod

Post by bentrod »

I will keep an eye on the cartridge length of the CCI, I have Eley Club and SK on hand if need.

I have my Aimpoint H1 mounted and will shoot the first match of the winter league tonight. I will keep you all posted. My 1911 grip from Precision is on the way.

Thanks

Jim
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

tray999 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:45 pm Just a word of caution that I have had issues with CCI SV being a little long in my SP magazines and not feeding. It might be a lot thing, but I thought I would mention it.
This is why I shoot CCI SS HP with my FAS. Slightly longer cartridges seem to be very common in CCI SV and would jam my magazines and not feed.

There's certainly length quality control issues with the CCI SS HP as well. Some HPs are deep and pronounced, some bullets look like CCI SV LRN.
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

Well, you get what you pay for. I simply use CCI cause it comes cheap, and goes bang, usually.