Pardini K12 Cylinder Issue

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
brooks58

Pardini K12 Cylinder Issue

Post by brooks58 »

I recently purchased a used Pardini K12 Junior in what appears to be excellent condition. The problem is neither cylinder holds air as both are allowing air to release right back thru the filler port as if a valve is stuck. Anyone have this problem or any ideas how to correct the problem.

Thank you,

Ted P
spektr

Re: Pardini K12 Cylinder Issue

Post by spektr »

This is a reasonably common issue. The valves every now and again seem to need a very tiny bit of a silicone based oil applied to tbe valve. Then while empty, GENTLY exercise the spring and valve 30 or so times with a q tip shaft or other soft stick. Wipe the valve clean. What happens is that they seem to get a bit crusty and the oil and motion seem to clean them up......
brooks58

Post by brooks58 »

Spektr, thank you for your reply! I tried your suggestion on both cylinders and they still won’t allow air in.

Any further suggestions?

Thank you,

Ted P
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

call pardini usa? warranty?
brooks58

Post by brooks58 »

I’ll call Pardini...however, does anyone know if the K10 and K12 fill adapters are the same?

Thank you,

Ted
william

Post by william »

I believe there was a thread on the topic of Pardini cylinder changes a bit ago. Try a search.
j danielsson

Post by j danielsson »

K 10 and k 12 filling adapters are identical to each other.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

I bought a full size K12 in 2013, new, and about a year ago the cylinders started slowly losing pressure. It got gradually worse until recently they would drop to zero overnight. I bought a full K12 seals kit - a small plastic bag with a handful of different sizes and types of O-rings. I completely dismantled each cylinder, cleaned carefully, greased with Dow silicone grease in some places, Parker O-ring lube in others (intuition mostly), and now they don't lose pressure. I didn't have the problem you're describing however; my cylinders would take and hold air during and just after filling. They just slowly leaked, a tiny bubbling sound, as the seals had deformed with age.
j danielsson

Post by j danielsson »

Do you use a pump, a tank or a compressor?
The filling adapter has no valve, so if the handle of the pump rises its a valve in the pump.
You should always take the tube of the adapter before you take the adapter from whatever you ara using.
On the k2 it did not matter in wich order you disassembled, but now it is important.
brooks58

Post by brooks58 »

Thank you all for your kind replies!! I called Pardini and they suspect both cylinders need new seals. So, I sent the whole pistol kit in to have them inspect and repair. I’ll keep you posted!

Thank you again,

Ted
brooks58

Post by brooks58 »

Finally heard back from a Pardini today and each cylinder needed new seals. Apparently the gentleman that had it before me let the pistol sit for a while and never put silicone lubricant on the seals. Inexpensive fix!

Happy Holidays!

Ted
ASCNavy

Post by ASCNavy »

I have had issues with my air cylinders also. One leaked off very slowly took a week to leak down to 75 BAR then quit. I called Pardini USA taled with Alex. What I was told was i did not lubricate the fill adapter or gun where the cylinder screwed on to the gun and the type of lubricant to use. We had a some what heated conversation over lack of info on lubrication and maintenance of the gun and the insinuation it was my fault. I got lets say upset. So in Dec. after getting a air compressor and almost 3 years later I decided to immerse the cylinder in water and see where it leaked. It was leaking around the air gauge very little as to be insignificant. But the fill end was leaking really bad and not where the adapter screws in but where the A052 o ring seals the assembly into the cylinder. After another conversation with Alex in Dec. I sent the cylinder back. They put all new seals except for the gauge in and sent it back now it only takes an hour to leak off. Called back Alex's solution send the gun and all adapters back they are or have damaged the cylinder where the adapter goes in. I did my best to get him to understand where it was leaking and asked did you test the cylinder to make sure it was ok and I was told yes, the conversation went down hill from their. So i have a air cylinder that is worthless. Going to build a vice for the cylinder and build a spanner wrench and replace the o ring will order one or get a high pressure o ring to match the A052. Will post how it comes out.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

I've been lubricating the fill end since I got my first Pardini, a K12. Used a light lithium grease for a time, but eventually went to a silicone oil. Indeed, it would be nice to know exactly what is specified by Pardini. But one gets the sense that they sell the things and aren't really interested much after that sale. Communication seems a low priority for this company.
Tangohammerli

Post by Tangohammerli »

i have a new k12, 2 months. Where exactly should I be placing lubricant and what should I use??
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

(Well, this is not specific to the Pardini P12. Leaking air cylinders are not uncommon, all brands considered.)
I´m considering buying a Pardini K12, to test it alongside mye Steyr LP 10, my Steyr LP 10 Evo E, and an Walther 500 E is in its way, in the customs right now.
Pardini says: " Fully adjustable rear sight, variable width of the notch".
But depth of the rear sight notch, - is it not adjustable?
And tilting of the sights is not possible?

The K12 was introduced in 2012, is it about due time for Pardini to bring out an improved version, a K14?
Tangohammerli

Post by Tangohammerli »

K12 rear sight does not tilt and depth is static.
3d creations

Post by 3d creations »

All pardini cylinder orings and any other problems solution available with us. Please pm us