Toz-35M conversion (another thread)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
gimgim

Toz-35M conversion (another thread)

Post by gimgim »

Can anybody point me or post detailed pictures of the Allermann conversion (https://www.formgriffe.de/u/1561989554_ ... -griff.jpg)?

What I would like to understand is the mechanism used to lock the lever.

Some of the conversions I have seen on TT use a threaded spring-loaded ball mounted at the bottom of the frame.
I don't think this solution will work with the Rink grips for the Allermann conversion, that mount with a long bottom bolt.

Thanks
Christopher Miceli

Re: Toz-35M conversion (another thread)

Post by Christopher Miceli »

good luck finding any detailed instructions or pictures, i'm doing the conversion now.
Last edited by Christopher Miceli on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Jim

Post by Dr. Jim »

I did two of them on original model TOZs way back. The first one used the locking latch from the lever cut down and mounted in a new fore end, the top lever was made with an extended tab to fit into the latch. It was rock solid in lockup. There are no pictures and the pistol went to eastern Canada over fifteen years ago. The second used the spring ball underneath catch, not quite as solid and was more prone to wear, needing regular adjustment. FWIW, my experience.

Dr Jim
Christopher Miceli

The allermann conversion is very very cleanly and professionally done.
gimgim

Post by gimgim »

> good luck finding any detailed instructions or pictures, i'm doing the conversion now.

Thanks, I will keep this thread updated with what I can find. I have emailed Rink-Formgriffe as I would strongly prefer to use one of their grips. The Allermann website doesn't seem to sell parts for the conversion anymore. It could be my (lack of) German though.

> The first one used the locking latch from the lever cut down and mounted in a new fore end, the top lever was made with an extended tab to fit into the latch.

This sounds like a great idea.
Christopher Miceli

gimgim wrote:> good luck finding any detailed instructions or pictures, i'm doing the conversion now.

Thanks, I will keep this thread updated with what I can find. I have emailed Rink-Formgriffe as I would strongly prefer to use one of their grips. The Allermann website doesn't seem to sell parts for the conversion anymore. It could be my (lack of) German though.

> The first one used the locking latch from the lever cut down and mounted in a new fore end, the top lever was made with an extended tab to fit into the latch.

This sounds like a great idea.
rink does not have pictures of the conversion and allermann doesn't sell parts. They don't even do the work... been down this road.
gimgim

Post by gimgim »

Courtesy of Glenn Andrew (Thanks!) a few images of Dr. Jim's first conversion: https://imgur.com/gallery/3FAwNMh

I wonder if the locking mechanism could be implemented by using rare earth magnets.
Dr. Jim

Post by Dr. Jim »

Thanks for the pictures. I never did regularly photograph my toys.

Cheers Dr Jim
rem.44

Post by rem.44 »

My side-lever mod, already posted on this forum :

I used the former tapped holes for the grip fixation.
I took a screw of the same diameter, cut the head, made a groove with a saw for the screwdriver blade, and sharpen the other extremity to a point.
This screw, without head now, seats through the gun, from one side to the other, across the frame.
Then, I took a kind of tapped brass tube (or threaded sleeve ???), that I drilled, to adapt it on the gun thanks to the screw.
And a big screw come throuh the grip in this tube/sleeve.

Now, its weight is 1050 grammes: I lost almost 300 grammes, and the grip is not finished. I think I have a couple of hours, again, to make it nicer, and maybe lighter again.
And the link towards the full size pics album : http://www.casimages.com/a/Vqe0l