Hammerli Single support

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

eeler1

Hammerli Single support

Post by eeler1 »

I have a Hammerli Single Co2 pistol, in generally good condition and with the box and original paperwork. Only the pistol doesn't cock or fire, in fact there is no back pressure (spring ?) on the trigger. I'm looking for a source of parts or of service here in the US.

I thought about selling it, but a similar pistol sold recently at eBay for $25, so not really worth much. I am fairly competent at airgun mechanics, but don't want to start getting into it until I can source parts. Or better yet, someone else who can get it working efficiently. I tried Rudy Marant in TX, but he hasn't responded and I fear may no longer be available for repair work. Any other suggestions?
gn303

Re: Hammerli Single support

Post by gn303 »

I´m afraid that the time that Hammerli gave a personal response to their costumers is over. Umarex is not so costumer friendly. One of my shooting friends passed her LP400 to the Walther technicians that were present at the Belgian Open Air contest for check-up. The air cylinder was losing pressure. They weren't able to fix the problem. In the mean time her gun is under repair for 10 months now...So I wonder if it is worth the hassle. Unless you want to pull their leg.
Good luck though.

Guy
tkinva

Post by tkinva »

The Hammerli Single was one of a line of pistols made in the 1960s. It included the Single, Master, Prinz, etc.

The Hammerli factory burned down around 1970, and that's when they stopped support for these pistols. Rudy Marent, in Texas, who worked at Hammerli, was repairing them for a while, but he lost all the replacement parts in a hurricane, so he stopped.

You can repair this gun if all you need is to reseal it, since the o-rings are commonly available, but if you need mechanical parts, you're probably out of luck.

There's a long thread here: https://airgunwarriors.com/airgun-talk/ ... r-pistols/

And some Hammerli info here: http://www.muzzle.de/N2/CO2/Hammerli_Si ... ingle.html

Note: I have two Hammerli Masters, and a Hammerli Single model D (lange), which is the same as the Master.
"It's better to have a catatonk atlatl than a catatonic axolotl."
gn303

Post by gn303 »

Just an after thought.
Did you have a look at TESRO PA10? These are very reliable and accurate. It's a surprize the're not often seen on international matches. Behaps because Tesro is not at the range for support on these competitions.
But they offer execellent quality for a very resonable prize. (http://www.tesro.de/?MSID=211)

Good shooting
Guy
Tony C.

Post by Tony C. »

You may also try: American Vintage Airgun Forum.

A lot of very knowledgeable vintage airgun collectors/restorers on that forum may be able to help, but I was told some time ago they are not accepting new members, things may have change, give that a try.

I also have a Single in factory case, haven't shot it for some time, hope it still work.
eeler1

Post by eeler1 »

Thanks for all the replies. I'm thinking I might try myself, hopefully just seals. I can manufacture some parts if the old ones are true.

And if I can't get it working it may just be a parts gun and I can get $25 on eBay for it.

Sad, as this looks like a cool little Co2 pistol.