Stance, hold OR ???

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

dronning

Stance, hold OR ???

Post by dronning »

I've been having this problem with my hold/stance lately and I can't seem to get a handle on it.

As I move into the black putting pressure on the trigger my wobble settles in to the 9/10 ring. Then all of a sudden it blips out to the 7 ring sometimes the shot breaks but most the time I get back to at least the black. It may happen right away maybe never but I'm starting to rush the shot to avoid the blip and my scores are down. This mostly happens during slow fire but lately my 97-99 timed and rapid fire average has dropped to 92-95 usually with a 7 on each target.

Is this a stance issue, do I need to work on core strength, or is this anticipation???
Thanks,
- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
jackh

Re: Stance, hold OR ???

Post by jackh »

There might be a mental thing here if you train to lift your arm rather than lift a gun. Try to feel the lift more at your wrist.
dronning

Re: Stance, hold OR ???

Post by dronning »

jackh wrote:There might be a mental thing here if you train to lift your arm rather than lift a gun. Try to feel the lift more at your wrist.
Thanks, I did some dry firing with my SCATT and this did help.

I found some info from my notes 3 years ago that may help too.
- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin