LWS Rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

abprops

LWS Rifle

Post by abprops »

Suitable Rifle Scopes for use at 20 yards/M. Any suggestions?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Yeah, just about anything you want:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... adjustment
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

Personally I would go for something in either 3-9× 3-12× or even 4-16× magnification range. The important thing to remember is that you need the parralax to be adjustable and for it to come down to idealy 10 yards. Most of the scopes that are used in FT/HFT shooting would be ideal as they will normally come down to 7 yards.

I have an AGS 3-12×44 thats built on a 30mm body tube on my old Anschutz 64 action sporting rifle that I use for LSR as well as Sporter Class BR. It's a nice bright scope with side focus. I beleive it was made by Hakko. It is imported to the UK under several different brands. JSR being one of them

I have also shot some LSR with an Air Arms S400 using an old Tasco/Hawke 10-40×50Target scope. I shot this set at 24× magnification standing unsupported. That's really good at showing you your hold pattern! So you can pretty much use any scope you like. The only really important things being that you can PX it close enough, and for LSR the rifle/scope/glove make the weight limit.

Alan