sighting in Styre LP10C

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
billbecher

sighting in Styre LP10C

Post by billbecher »

Would like info on how to sight in a pistol for 10M air. What is the basic procedure? What do you use to hold the pistol for consistent shots?
Thanks!
Bill Becher
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Just shoot the pistol as you would normally, say 20-30 shots on the same target, then adjust the sights so that the group would have been centralised.

Nobody will ever hold a pistol as still as it would be when rested, so don't try to sight it in that way.

The pistol will always move about, it does for everybody. Don't try to fight the movement, accept it. Just make sure that your trigger release is good enough that it doesn't introduce additional movement.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Can't add anything to what David said, I just move the sights after fewer shots than that and then fine tune.

Rob.
toddinjax

Post by toddinjax »

I'll jump in and reiterate David's last final sentence with more wording. You must use only shots that were perfectly executed as your basis for adjusting your sights. Watch your front post with deep concentration (and get used to doing so LOL) and when a shot breaks with your sights remaining aligned and level…use that shot and others like it and do just what David suggested. But, when you suspect, or know, that you made a triggering error or let your barrel rise, fall, whatever, do not try to adjust those faulty shots to a 10 with your sights. It really doesn't take much shooting experience before you can feel or sense a great shot; you won't feel the gun move and you won't see any movement of your sight. When you "feel" a good shot, check your target and make note of that POI. Disregard any hole on the target where the gun moved.
I'm certain that I'm no where near David's class in AP but from my own experience, I would suggest initially making adjustments from a smaller group, maybe 5 well executed shots. I'd also suggest writing down what you do change - 3 clicks left, 4 clicks up.
Welcome to TT Bill, and I hope this helps. I've learned so much from this community, I'd like to think that I can sometimes contribute a bit too.
Last edited by toddinjax on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

My suggestion of 20-30 shots was based, possibly incorrectly, on an assumption that the OP is new to pistol shooting and might not yet have the skill and ability to shoot "a group" with fewer shots.

My apologies if I was wrong.
billbecher

Post by billbecher »

David Levene wrote:My suggestion of 20-30 shots was based, possibly incorrectly, on an assumption that the OP is new to pistol shooting and might not yet have the skill and ability to shoot "a group" with fewer shots.

My apologies if I was wrong.
I think it's gonna take a lot of shots before I can get a consistant group. My concern about hand holding is that I may end up correcting for trigger control problems... that's why I was thinking I should use something to help hold the pistol...
Bill Becher
SuperIIFT

LP10 Sighting in

Post by SuperIIFT »

I support my Arm on a rest
Keeping the hand and pistol free
Shooting 10 /20 shots and then adjusting the sights as needed
This gets you in the ball park
Now with out the rest
You need lots of practice, and more practice
You will get the feel of the gun and the good shots
Work hard at it and it will come to you
Dennis
Rover

Post by Rover »

OMG, I can't believe I agree with all these guys. They must have been reading my posts.
Jim E

Post by Jim E »

If you are having difficulty grouping, try shooting at a reversed target (no bull just plain paper). This is an old fashion approach to discover if the shooter is watch the sights or the target. Tighter groups are always the goal --- I will stop here for you to discover the outcome of the experiment.