Where to buy Anschutz stop nut?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jordan1s

Where to buy Anschutz stop nut?

Post by Jordan1s »

Hello,

As the title implies, I was wondering where I could purchase an anschutz stop nut(for 8002 alu). It's the threaded washer-like part that adjust the cheekpiece height and buttplate length of pull. Iv'e tried searching around, but I can't find a seller that sells that part by itself.

thanks!

-Jordan
justadude

Post by justadude »

Have you tried Neal Stepp at International Shooters Service?

(817) 595-2090, He is in Ft. Worth TX so Central Time zone.

Dude
mobarron

stop nut

Post by mobarron »

Go to the Anschutz website and look for repair shops in the US. There's a shop in Yellowtone, Montana that probably has what you're looking for. Or call Pilkington. Mike Barron
Dustin Clays

Re: Where to buy Anschutz stop nut?

Post by Dustin Clays »

Does anyone know the thread call-out for this stop nut? I know it's a M12 (metric), but I am not sure the pitch of the thread. I want to make a couple of these myself, but need to know the thread call out.

My tap choices are:
M12X 1.0
M12X1.25
M12X1.5
M12X1.75
$30 for a tap so I'd like to get it right the first time. Yeah I know cheaper to buy the part than make it...but I'd like to do some other playing around with it- $12 here: http://www.nordicmarksman.com/Adjusting ... lumns.html

Is the thread the same on a 8002 and a 9003? (I hope, I hope, I hope!)

Thanks!
justadude

Post by justadude »

A few things on this:

Now I am not an expert on the modern Anschutz ALU stocks, I did measure the threads for the adjusting columns for the buttplate system on my 1914 (wood stock with Precise cheekpiece).

Now, for the buttplate columns, those guys are 15mm, not 12mm and the thread pitch is 1.5mm.

The other thing to be aware of is that for these adjusting columns Anschutz uses a flat top thread profile, akin but not exactly like and ACME thread so a regular tap is not really going to do the trick.

'Dude
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

Jordan, it has been my experience that most Anschutz nuts can be found behind the bolt.
aalbert

Post by aalbert »

Bringing this back from dead, in case anybody knows the thread pitch of the columns used in cheek pieces and buttplates on the non-Precise smallbore stocks (I know the shaft size is 12mm).

Thanks.
aalbert

Post by aalbert »

I did some measuring, etc. and it appears that the size is a Metric Trapezoidal TR12-1.5 (based on 12mm OD, and 15mm travel in 10 turns). Unfortunately I don't have a trapezoidal pitch gauge to confirm.
rec4309

Post by rec4309 »

1/2"-16 British Fine