LP10 vs LP10E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
conradin

LP10 vs LP10E

Post by conradin »

Honestly for those that have owned both, especially if you consider yourself a middle of the lot shooter (.8xx), do you feel the 10E has ANY advantage to the 10? If so what is it? This is not about the gun is always better than the shooter, or a matter of hitting the wall hence the need to potentially switch pistol (.94x), but rather I want to see what a regular shooter feel. Other than the dry fire, is there ANY advantage the 10E has? For the record My trigger is 425/75. So if you set up in two stages, please let me know about your opinion.

I don't want to upgrade to 10E unless there is a genuine difference for an average .8xx shooter (which I am during practice).

No flames please, especially those guys who know you know who. Such as R**** and Ger***.
v76

Post by v76 »

I'll start with a disclaimer: I haven't tried the LP10E but have had a CM162EI, older LP10 and a newer LP10.

I've progressed as a shooter and I have a new outlook on things so this will contrast with my previous assessment of the good 'ole Mech Vs. Electro debate...

As said many times before there is no inherent advantage in an electronic trigger, more of a difference about the constant pressure after the shot is fired. The absence of trigger cocking in dry firing mode is NOT an advantage at all for most training, as you'll mostly want to recreate your match firing routine to be effective in training.

It may help if you want to practice simple trigger control but I don't think it is the most effective method to pull the trigger 10k times in front of a wall. And if you're still developing those skills, any AP trigger will do.

As to the "rolling trigger"... after analyzing my triggering under different settings, I've actually noticed that the virtually single staged trigger I thought was helping me, was not good at all for stability and I noticed (to my surprise) that the very crisp trigger break of a +/- 50/50 (or 60/40) weight was much better, as if all motion stopped when the shot breaks.

Then, that is only my experience. I recently had to make the choice and went for the mech - spend the extra money on training.

Some extra reading:
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=ch ... g&safe=off

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=ch ... g&safe=off
Rover

Post by Rover »

Cease your pathetic and useless efforts to buy points. Spend your money on glasses. It doesn't matter what gun you use if you can't see.
conradin

Post by conradin »

cat Rover $ >/dev/null
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Rover

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:17 pm Post subject:
Cease your pathetic and useless efforts to buy points. Spend your money on glasses. It doesn't matter what gun you use if you can't see.
+ 10
dronning

Post by dronning »

When you are shooting at the 98% level an LP10E MIGHT get you an extra .1 of 1%.

I own both and shoot them the same and I've shot new personal best with both. Interesting I also own an LP50 with the 4lb trigger option that I use to train for sustained fire bullseye and I can shoot scores within 1 or 2 points of the LP10 & LP10E.

Fundamentals/shot process first!

Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Some people seem to be missing the point.

The LP10E is not better than the LP10, it is just different.

Some people prefer the feel of the electronic trigger and balance of the LP10E, others prefer the feel of the mechanical trigger and balance of the LP10.
cnnhead

Post by cnnhead »

I have LP10e and used to shoot with LP10. The difference in trigger work between those is very subtle and completely negligible.
In my shooting career I have tried several trigger settings (including "single stage") and eventually I have always been reverting to 60/40 weight distribution.

I wouldn't focus too much on your equipment, LP10 is a great pistol. As always, its not the arrow, its the Indian.
conradin

Post by conradin »

cnnhead wrote:I have LP10e and used to shoot with LP10. The difference in trigger work between those is very subtle and completely negligible.
That is the answer that I am looking for. Thank you.
joel

Post by joel »

conradin wrote:cat Rover $ >/dev/null
ha! However, I think that Rover might be the only force of nature able to escape the gravity of a black hole.
therider

Post by therider »

Steyr is soon coming out wit a new electronic trigger, a metallic one finally.
This was confirmed to me last week at the WC in Munich. They were about to release it, but they were not completely happy, so they have delayed it.
therider

Post by therider »

Ops, this week... Just few days ago!
j-team

Post by j-team »

therider wrote:Steyr is soon coming out wit a new electronic trigger, a metallic one finally.
This was confirmed to me last week at the WC in Munich. They were about to release it, but they were not completely happy, so they have delayed it.
Do you know if it will be interchangable with the current plastic bodied one?
therider

Post by therider »

Yes. It will.
I spoke to the tall gentleman who is in charge of technical issues. I guess most people will swap.
j-team

Post by j-team »

therider wrote:Yes. It will.
I spoke to the tall gentleman who is in charge of technical issues. I guess most people will swap.
Well, that will depend on the price. I'm quite happy with my one, I haven't found any problems with the plastic housing.
therider

Post by therider »

The only thing I do not like in the Lp10e is the feel of the plastic in the trigger. I like the feeling of metal hitting metal at the end of first stage. Also the trigger is not crispy and "dry" as for example with Morini and Matchguns. As far as I could perceive, all this should be history. I guess they will come out with a super trigger
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

dronning wrote:When you are shooting at the 98% level an LP10E MIGHT get you an extra .1 of 1%.
How did you come up with the number 98%? None of the US shooters have shot a 588 score recently. Just one shooter scored 588 at the London Olympics. He won the gold.
dronning

Post by dronning »

shaky hands wrote:
dronning wrote:When you are shooting at the 98% level an LP10E MIGHT get you an extra .1 of 1%.
How did you come up with the number 98%? None of the US shooters have shot a 588 score recently. Just one shooter scored 588 at the London Olympics. He won the gold.
That's my point
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
therider

Post by therider »

How many gold medals were awarded at london Olympics??
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

therider wrote:How many gold medals were awarded at london Olympics??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Summe ... edal_table