LP10 vs LP10E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ponpon7

Post by ponpon7 »

therider wrote:Steyr is soon coming out wit a new electronic trigger, a metallic one finally.
This was confirmed to me last week at the WC in Munich. They were about to release it, but they were not completely happy, so they have delayed it.
Hello therider,

Do you mean Steyr will release metal version recently or still delay it?

Thanks~
therider

Post by therider »

They will soon release metal trigger. They were about to, but have delayed it
ponpon7

Post by ponpon7 »

therider wrote:They will soon release metal trigger. They were about to, but have delayed it
Got it. Thanks a lot!
django

Post by django »

one reason if i buy lp10 e is their new grip suited with my shooting style. lp10 grip is bad grip (some will say good for them) for my shooting style. That's is. Why i am not ready to buy it ? when some one in this forum tell us than lp10 grip made from plastic (thanks) . I don't want spend more money on plastic trigger Lol. I plan buy morini 162e (is morini use plastic trigger too ? ). But if steyr lp10 change it to metal. Maybe i should wait it. More longer time because i won't buy new product before market tested it lol. I have try lp10 e, love its grip but feel no different in trigger with lp10 manual
therider

Post by therider »

Django
Then try Matchguns mgh1. For me that is the best electronic trigger
Leon

Post by Leon »

therider wrote:They will soon release metal trigger. They were about to, but have delayed it
Why bother waiting for it? From what I understand, the "metal trigger" referred to in these post is the electronic module housing - so what if it is plastic? I have an LP10E and I cannot fault the trigger. I certainly would not delay the purchase of one based on the dubious "improvement" of a metal housing.
ponpon7

Post by ponpon7 »

Leon wrote:
- so what if it is plastic? I have an LP10E and I cannot fault the trigger. I certainly would not delay the purchase of one based on the dubious "improvement" of a metal housing.
A senior gunsmith told me that the current plastic material is soft and it might cause some trigger faulty (ex: second stage trigger delay....) after long term usage.

I'm not sure about this comment, because I don't own electronic version and even haven't seen it in the local competitions. (CM162EI and LP10 Mechanical are the most)
argus

Post by argus »

Leon wrote:...From what I understand, the "metal trigger" referred to in these post is the electronic module housing - so what if it is plastic? ....
As far as I can tell it is not only the trigger assembly housing that is plastic but the the trigger blade carrier (55.1) and the second stage trigger lever as well (can't see it on the schematic) so over time there could be wear from the first and second stage set screws / springs which are steel acting on the plastic levers and housing. There is a good cutaway drawing in the manual that shows the contact points. Since the trigger assembly is a sealed unit you can't tell if metal pads are moulded into the levers at these contact points to prevent wear but in any case I've not heard of any failures due to wear of these components. Also from the rumours I have read the new metal assembly will be interchangeable with the old plastic one anyway, albeit at an additional cost.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

well part 55.1 is plastic and it can fail quite easily. if you use the trigger carrier 75.5 (from lp10 exploded diagram) the little screw at some point will not be sufficient. it will form a pivot point and the metal claws of the trigger carrier will eat the plastic allowing the whole trigger to rotate ruining the shooters match (it happened to fellow shooter). if however you use a clamp style trigger carrier it will hold much better.
argus

Post by argus »

ghostrip wrote:well part 55.1 is plastic and it can fail quite easily. if you use the trigger carrier 75.5 (from lp10 exploded diagram)
I don't think they can blame the plastic material for the damage when they are using a part that was not designed for use with the LP10E? Surely common sense would tell them that securing the trigger carrier with a steel set screw going into plastic is not going to end well?
I can't even understand what benefit they thought would achieve by using the LP10 trigger carrier? Why not just change the trigger blade if they like the older shape trigger?
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

before lp10e and the plastic part 55.1 steyr trigger carriers could be used on every steyr air pistol. it didn't matter if it was lp1, lp10, lp50. you could even take the old one piece from lp1 and use it. you can still use all of the steyr triggers carriers on lp10e since the diameter is the same. but all of them at some point will squeeze the plastic. the non clamp style design i mentioned will just fail quite early from what i have seen. even the design steyr supplies with the lp10e IMHO will at some point squeeze the plastic making the trigger unpredictable.
argus

Post by argus »

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that the use of plastic components in the trigger of a target pistol at this price point is disappointing to say the least and I look forward to seeing the improvements that Steyr makes in the new metal version but we are talking about a trigger force of 500g, this does not require 50Nm torque on the clamping screw to secure it. Used as intended I think there are no major issues with the LP10E that would prevent you buying it, I enjoy mine anyway.
django

Post by django »

therider wrote:Django
Then try Matchguns mgh1. For me that is the best electronic trigger
Agree with you, but i can't find matchgun seller on my country. I its difficult for person to import air gun.
argus

Post by argus »

Pardini K12 also seems to be gathering many good reports so may be worth a try if available in your country django. In the end it comes down to which feels best for you.
therider

Post by therider »

I have been tempted by both k12 and MGH1 as my second air pistol.
The best mechanical trigger against the best electronic trigger.

I could not make up my mind.... So when I got a very strong discount on the MGH1 the decision was made..., This does not mean that I have given up buying the k12 as a third pistol :-)

I was on holiday and not shot much with mgh1 , so I will wait a bit before posting my impressions.

Pity I don't have the pictures of the faces of those who have tried my mgh1 in my 3 shooting clubs! You should have seen the surprise on their faces!

Some of them refused to believe that I had more than 500g on the trigger and took the measuring device. You should have seen their expression when the weight was confirmed!
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

congratulations on your backup pistol. hope after you shoot it a while you will give us a full report with some pictures :)

best regards
SamEEE

Re: LP10 vs LP10E

Post by SamEEE »

Bit of a Necropost:

Any news on the Metal trigger unit?
Image Image
therider

Post by therider »

Sam,
On the 28th there is int. competition in Munich, I will ask Steyr there and will post back
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

Many thanks!
Image Image
j-team

Post by j-team »

I emailed them a month or so ago. They say the "have no plans" to make a metal LP10e trigger mechanism.