feinwerkbau 700 recoil absorber

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

peashooter

feinwerkbau 700 recoil absorber

Post by peashooter »

I had a look into the breech of my rifle and was surprised to find a whole bunch of fibres packed in front of the recoil absorber hole, presumably from the cleaning pellets I very occasionally use. I'm concerned that the fibres have made their way inside the absorber preventing it working as well as it should. How easy is it to take the assembly apart? Is the absorber supposed to be maintained?
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I'd suggest googling to see if there are any you-tube videos of the recoil absorber - some companies upload such videos.

Rob.
peashooter

Post by peashooter »

Well I checked and adjusted it to the handbook specs. Set up a test with the rifle hanging from the roof in a sling balanced at the centre of gravity, with a camera cable release on the trigger. Rifle moves about 3-4 mm when fired. I don't know how much recoil to expect?
peashooter

Post by peashooter »

Ok, so no anwers to that question. Can someone tell me how far they see the recoil trace goes for a properly operating gun on SCATT? ( I know it depends on a lot of things like how the rifle is being held, but just an indication would be good)
remmy223

Post by remmy223 »

It doesn't matter as long as it finishes where it started.(follow through)

My 700 goes to about the 7 ring sometimes slightly higher or slightly lower depending on the phase of moon and the gravitational pull of Mars against Pluto.
Johan_85

Post by Johan_85 »

In MEC book Air rifle shooting they write that the recoil shuld stay within the eight ring, but this has probably much more to do with the position than the recoil absorber.
Andre

Post by Andre »

My 700 stays in the 9 in prone and kneeling, maybe 8 in standing. Is it over adjusted? I have not messed with it since it was bought.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

Ours stays in the 9 ring most shots
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

Ours stays in the 9 ring most shots