Which tunnel : Centra score or Centra score crystal ?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Marc66

Which tunnel : Centra score or Centra score crystal ?

Post by Marc66 »

I'm looking for a tunnel that can swivel and can't decide between the Centra score :
or the Centra score crystal :
I'm familiar with a traditional tunnel like the Score and unfortunately I know no one who has a Score Crystal for comparison. Who has seen both tunnels and which one do you prefer ? Does the Score Crystal really have a better contrast ?

Thanks for your response,
Marc
BM

Post by BM »

I have the crystal and have better contrast; the ring is more clear. As I don't need to swivel or use a canting indicator I keep it as easy as possible. Remark; for the crystal you should also use the crystal inserts otherwise the benefits are gone
mobarron

crystal tunnel

Post by mobarron »

How do you handle front sight alignment in the rear sight? Can you see the outer rim of the crystal tunnel well enough to use it?
BM

Post by BM »

You can still see it clear; it's just dark grey (95%) compared to a metal ring. However, this difference makes it a little easier to focus on the inner ring and not get distracted by the thick black ring of the front sight.
Marc66

Post by Marc66 »

BM, since the outer rim of the crystal front tunnel appears as a dark grey, would you then use an M18 tunnel or the larger M22 tunnel ?
BM

Post by BM »

I use M18 but that's just because I'm used to it. Aiming with M22 gives me more errors so I stick with what I'm used to. Don't overrate the benefits of the crystal; I didn't experience any difference other than sight picture. The dark grey instead of thick black makes it easier for your eye to focus on the 3.3mm inner ring and not get distracted. I think my eyes are more relaxed as well but that's just an impression, not scientifically researched.

You can simulate the sight picture slightly when you put white tape on the backside of the front sight. However, this is just an impression. It doesn't simulate the transparency of the tunnel.