walther gsp .22

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
bigfellow

walther gsp .22

Post by bigfellow »

trying to find the date of manufactor for my walther gsp .22 just purchased and have found the letters AD just short of the barrel on the left hand side. does this mean 2004. also due to crazy laws here in ireland i need to purchase two five shot mags. anything over five and permit will not be issued. where can one purchase these mags.
kindest regards to all.
pat.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

No, it is not 2004, although you are close. AD would be 2003; A = 0, B = 1, C = 2, D = 3. That is unless the Ulm proof house uses different marks for pistols to rifles.

The letters should be accompanied by an eagle (Germany), and an antler (Ulm).
bigfellow

walther gsp

Post by bigfellow »

thanks a million tim. just got the pistol which has only fired 40 rounds.in its history. problem is that i am awaiting my permit but need to get a five shot mag or it will be refused. where would one go for same. compitations here are six shot so two mags must be used as any firearm with over a five shot mag is deemed a military weapon and is then listed as restricted. thank you for your time. pat
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

5-shot mags are available from Earl's Repair Service in the US (www.carlwalther.com) but in the interim, if you need 6 shots and only have one 5-shot mag, try inserting one round in the breach, closing the bolt and then inserting a full 5-round magazine. That will give you your 6 shots.
Bob
jpsIII

Post by jpsIII »

I live about 75 miles from Earl's…and I believe anything other than 5 rounds is a special item. I do have one 10-rounder which I use in Slowfire for the US Bullseye National Match Course. Yes, pre-load the chamber and then insert the magazine for 6 rounds.