CO2 PISTOLS & RIFLES

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

robinhoods

CO2 PISTOLS & RIFLES

Post by robinhoods »

HI
I won't bother you fellow shooters with step by step questions but lets say I have an FWB model 2 in my hand.
What do I need-I read about co2 tanks, air tanks, bulk fill tanks, fire extinguisher etc,etc,
filling station -having tanks filled.
Just tell me-where can I go to get all the information at one site if there is such a thing?
thanks
Robinhoods
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Well first you will need a bulk co2 tank.
Here you have 2 options;
#1 a relatively light tank 5 or 10 pounds that you can invert without too much trouble (to get to the liquid co2 at the bottom of the tank).

#2 a heavier tank (10 or 20 pounds or more) that you will NOT invert. For these you either have a syphon tube installed (to get to the liquid co2 at the bottom of the tank) or make a rack that will hold the tank inverted.

Personally I found a 10 pound tank tricky to invert SAFELY and was not comfortable doing it. So for me a 5 pound tank is the largest that I would invert, and I would put a syphon starting with a 10 pound cylinder.

I got my co2 tank from an industrial gas supplier, but there are many places to get a co2 tank, including as you mentioned a fire extinguisher company.

Next is to get the correct adapter to connect your air guns co2 cylinder to the bulk tank.

Here is filling info
http://pilkguns.com/co2.shtml

gud luk
robinhoods

Post by robinhoods »

Thanks Gary
I'm out -I guess it seems like a lot to me when I have a good PCP on the way. Might just as well stay in that line. My gun won't get here until monday.
Robinhoods
Rover

Post by Rover »

No, it's not a lot. It's cheaper than a SCUBA tank, doesn't need extra accessories, it's probably lighter, and you don't have to have it certified or inspected at about $50.00 a pop. Because of its low pressure, it's much less dangerous. Also, every CO2 gun will come with a correct adapter.

Any welding supply shop will EXCHANGE it for you when it's empty.
robinhoods

Post by robinhoods »

ok-I found some spots here in rochester where i can get CO2 tanks filled.
I looked on Craigslist and there was one that said 20LP bar tanks will fill and paint for $75 but to fill other co2 tanks I will need a fill tube?
What is that
Robinhoods.
I'm getting closer to wanting an FWB model 2
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

If you put a syphon into the tank, you will have to buy the co2 tank.
Exchange tanks "normally" do not have syphons, there may be exceptions.

If you OWN the co2 tank then you will need to get it hydro tested, I think every 5 years. They will NOT refill a tank that has an expired hydro test. So from that requirement, there is no difference between a co2 tank and a SCUBA tank.

"20LP bar tanks will fill and paint for $75 but to fill other co2 tanks I will need a fill tube? "
> I have no idea what they mean.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

tanks with a 'syphon' tube draw liquid CO2 from the bottom of the tank when upright - here in AUS they are distinct as there is a black stripe along the (grey) tank.

you don't want a reservoir full of CO2 gas (it will only last for a shot or two) - when filled, a little of the liquid CO2 in the reservoir 'boils' off after each shot to keep the pressure constant until the liquid CO2 is used up.
robinhoods

co2 PISTOLS

Post by robinhoods »

I may as well do it right and buy aa new tank-tons of them on ebay and what ever else I need but first I have to buy the air pistol that I want.
robinhoods
Invictus87

Post by Invictus87 »

I have a Pardini K60 that I got off the classifieds here. I went to a local homebrew supply store, and got a 5lb tank there. When it runs out, I can just swap it there for a full one. My adapter that came with the pistol screws right onto the tank.
robinhoods

CO2 PISTOLS

Post by robinhoods »

Hi
how many fills can you get from a 5lb tank and how is it for accuracy.
I always liked the looks of the Pardini.
Right now I am trying my darndest not to buy the Pardini K12 as I know my son and others will be over after work a lot of times to shoot against me.
I don't want everyone shooting my Steyr so I might go the co2 way or morini or that damed beautiful looking K12 Pardini.
robinhoods
Rover

Post by Rover »

For God's sake, do something or get off the pot instead of pestering us with this crap.
jr

Post by jr »

Rover wrote:... instead of pestering us with this crap.
Haha. Good one, Rover.

Rover:
Total posts: 2475
[1.64% of total / 1.27 posts per day]
robinhoods

airgun

Post by robinhoods »

ok goodbye
robinhoods

co2 PISTOLS

Post by robinhoods »

Hey Rover.
I apologize if I pissed you off but anyway I bought the LP10 and ordered the benelli kite earlier today and monday I am getting the rika electric target retriever. I still might buy the Pardini K12.

I'm out of the co2 thing now. poo poo ca ca. Why take a girl to a dance with a model T when you can take her in a lamborghini. True you can both get there but one has so much more style if you know what I mean.

I was like that in college I had to find out quite a bit by asking questions like when taking the path integral formulation of Quantum Mechanics it's about generalizing the action principle of classical mechanics. The theory was a real (B)
you know where light and matter interact and exchange photons. Man I asked questions Another real pain was the physics of superfluidity of supercooled liquid Helium and lets not forget particle physics.
Well now rover you have the floor.
I'm gone-no more posts or questions
arrivederci -everybody Bless all of you with straight shooting
Rover

Post by Rover »

There, there, RH. I didn't mean for you to get all petulant and butt hurt.

It sounded as if you were sinking into a chronosynclastic infundibulum.

BTW See what you missed....

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=44292