why is it a secret which gun won the gold in air pistols

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
robinhoods

why is it a secret which gun won the gold in air pistols

Post by robinhoods »

I look at the videos but they never mention the gun.
someone said the pardini won the gold-is that true 2013 men
robin hoods.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Won what gold? It's not a secret, which world cup are you talking about if you're talking about a World Cup.
Gerard

Re: why is it a secret which gun won the gold in air pistols

Post by Gerard »

robinhoods wrote:I look at the videos but they never mention the gun.
someone said the pardini won the gold-is that true 2013 men
robin hoods.
Granada WC? Changwon? European championship? World Cup final? Give us a clue so at least maybe someone can go have a look at the video. As I understand it no pistol won a medal, ever. Shooters win. And at the top level, all pistols are approximately equal in providing accuracy and consistency sufficient to enable shooting 10's all day long.
robinhoods

Post by robinhoods »

ok then just the 2013 olympics or the 2013 world cup
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Maybe for most folk, there is a realisation that it's the shooter that is the important bit, not the tool used...

Any of the brands/models/ammo combination you see used at ISSF championships should give CONSISTENTLY better than x-ring groups; but without the shooters' skill any specific brand/model/ammo combination means nothing!

Over the years I have seen many new shooters race out and buy the latest and greatest - hopefully they come to appreciate that you have to learn how to shoot to achieve great scores - unfortunately, too many fall by the wayside when they discover that $$$ do not buy points.

here endeth the rant, and with the Sunday night roast dinner approaching, a bottle of fine Merlot is calling.
robinhoods

Post by robinhoods »

I saw the american Wil Brown win in ft benning but don't know the gun.
I think at 10 yrs old most people know it is the person and the training that wins but you never know when a new gun pops up. Steyr does not win them all.
J R

Post by J R »

David Levene

Post by David Levene »

ISSF News normally has half-decent pictures of the medal winners and their guns.

Apart from motor racing there will be few sports where the manufacturer of a competitor's equipment is mentioned unless there is a major technological advance.

Leave the advertising to the manufacturers.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Just for your knowledge there are 4 World Cups in a year at different places, there was no Olympics in 2013, the last Summer Olympics was 2012 the next will be 2016 in Brazil.

There have been circumstances where there were less WC's in a year due to them being cancelled for some reason.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hey Spencer,

I wholeheartedly agree with every word of your post. (Especially the last.)

Aren't you ashamed?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Spencer wrote:here endeth the rant, and with the Sunday night roast dinner approaching, a bottle of fine Merlot is calling.
A late birthday meal Spencer?

Happy birthday for yesterday (UK time).
conradin

Post by conradin »

I can look it up for the entire 2013 WC plus finals. Men or Women?
robinhoods

Post by robinhoods »

I agree with spencer also-to a degree.
So if the only people buying top guns were people who could shoot the eyes out of a snake-then places like pilkguns would go out of business fast.
I'm not saying if I bought a LP-10E I would shoot like a pro but if I could afford it and would like to have the same gun that other countries and top of the line shooters in the world have,then why not.
Hey-the fastest cars in the world are not bought by only the top drivers.

Sheriff of Nottingham

When I shoot 690 while sitting on a stool and drinking a shot of homemade rat piss beer every 5 minutes,I will send you my autograph
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

robinhoods wrote:I'm not saying if I bought a LP-10E I would shoot like a pro but if I could afford it and would like to have the same gun that other countries and top of the line shooters in the world have,then why not.
Absolutely no reason at all.

The point is that it is surely the responsibility of the manufacturers and their agents to let you know who is winning what with their guns, not the broadcasters or International bodies.

I quick look through the ISSF News will show you several adverts from those manufacturers boasting of their successes.
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

David Levene wrote:
robinhoods wrote:I'm not saying if I bought a LP-10E I would shoot like a pro but if I could afford it and would like to have the same gun that other countries and top of the line shooters in the world have,then why not.
Absolutely no reason at all.

The point is that it is surely the responsibility of the manufacturers and their agents to let you know who is winning what with their guns, not the broadcasters or International bodies.

I quick look through the ISSF News will show you several adverts from those manufacturers boasting of their successes.
Smart manufacturers like Steyr make their logo or model number appear boldly on their product. Others don't and I wish they would. Part, albeit a very small part, of enjoying WC on you tube is knowing what brand pistol is being used. Just my 2 cents.
Good shooting,
Brian
TB

Post by TB »

ISSF recently released a new app for Ipad for ISSF news. In some of the issues, like the most recent one, the world ranking of all diciplines are listed. You can also see this on their website I know but in the app version they list weapon and ammo brand for top 25.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

As an owner of a Pardini K12, and a K10 before that, I'm aware of the inherent bias in viewing such videos towards noticing one's own model being used by championship level competitors. Trying to disregard this bias, and also disregarding the medalists and focusing only on which pistols reach WC finals in the past year, it seems to me that the K12 has been appearing more and more. Steyr still dominates by FAR, with the Morini showing up second most often then the Pardini third. Haven't noticed a lot of Matchguns pistols, which is probably a shame since they seem to be very well designed and constructed, thanks to a legend in the sport. My very casual, no doubt extremely questionable breakdown by percentage from having watched all the men's and women's World Cup finals from 2013, goes as follows:

70% - Steyr LP10E
20% - Morini 162EI
8% - Pardini K12
2% - Pardini K10 and other pistols
robinhoods

Post by robinhoods »

Big difference in price also.
I had that Morini 162Ei and really liked it compared to the Model 65's and 80's that I had and the FWB 100. I had a friends Benelli kite in my hand for a moment and really liked how it felt in my hand. I liked the looks of it also.
Anyway I am waiting for some funds to appear in my acct which is up to about $3400 so I can get the gun that I want and a pump and I might as well bite the bullet and get a target retriever (electric) and be really Lazy.

Robinhoods
Rover

Post by Rover »

If you're going to drink the PCP Kool-Ade then forget the pump. An old fart like you will have a heart attack before your first cylinder is full. Go SCUBA.

If you're dreaming that a top of the line gun will improve your score even a tiny bit...forget it!!!

Perhaps you feel that pride of ownership and fondling it in the privacy of your room is worth the money, then I say you have the wrong idea about this whole game. I've seen you in action on this site and I'll guarantee that your spendy pride and joy will be traded off on something else within a month or two.

Too harsh?
robinhoods

Post by robinhoods »

Hey Rover!
I never take you seriously-have one on me.
I think your a funny guy.
I found the benelli -comes with case and two cylinders etc etc but they don't take PayPal where I have a nice stash.
I don't own a credit card-just debit or check card. Just american express and they don't take it. As far as a heart attack-I can still pop the babe and drink beer with one hand and shoot bulls with the other all at the same time.
robinhoods