Why are you so damned ignorant?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

Why are you so damned ignorant?

Post by Rover »

I just spent a pleasant hour cruising through the "Search" function. The subject was pellets. I always start at the earliest posts because nothing ever really changes.

Every question I see on here could have easily been answered had the questioner done the above.

I remember talking to a famed shooter (who shall go unnamed), and he told me he doesn't bother with TT because they always ask the same questions.

Why are YOU so ignorant?

Another obnoxious rant by the beloved Rover.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

For the young members I suspect it's a combination of laziness and ignorance. Teenagers are in some ways inherently lazy. Or perhaps tired is a better term. It's hard work being driven by hormones 24/7. And ignorance of the fact that the internal search being kind of useless can be overcome by using Google with a site:targettalk.org appended for a vastly improved experience.

For older members (or any of those not long part of the computer culture) the impulse is to ask, as searching is not intuitive. They tend to think of themselves and their problems in isolation, needing experience to learn that everything has been asked and that countless others have had similar problems. It's the same in all types of forums, nothing especially bad about TT.
j-team

Post by j-team »

So Rover, just remind me again, which pellets should I use in my Steyr?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

They ask the same questions and get the same miserable replies. I guess if everything has been asked we should just shut it down and leave it as an archive to be searched.

I sure the fact that even if they do search they get hundreds of threads and don't feel like wading through all of them, so they simply ask hoping to get a quick reply.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Richard H wrote:I sure the fact that even if they do search they get hundreds of threads and don't feel like wading through all of them, so they simply ask hoping to get a quick reply.
Bingo ....

A good way to keep and grow the community would be to politely toss a few links to them.
-- or --
If it's a simple question,give a simple answer.
Rover

Post by Rover »

jteam,

The cheap ones. Save your money for beer down at the Pig and Whistle.

If you'd checked the Search, you would know that. Actually, some lots of RWS Basic perform excellently in MY Steyr.
David M

Post by David M »

Answer...recycled of course.
Melted down air pellets work very well in my Blackpowder pistol and it will take any brand, any weight and any size.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Searching the archives can be exhaustive without getting the correct answers, some of them are out of date. I read all the archives initially and still ask a lot of stupid question....it took me slightly more than a year before I started to stop fielding questions.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

rants over?

everyone feels better now?

closed