10/22 Trigger

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

TheShadow

10/22 Trigger

Post by TheShadow »

Does anyone know of a company that sells a 10/22 trigger that will not allow the rifle to fire out of battery? I'm looking for a design that would prevent firing just in case the bolt doesn't completely close and causes a ruptured case. THANKS
DLS

Post by DLS »

I'd go to rimfirecentral.com, that probably has the largest 10/22 discussion group on the net.

Having said that ... what exactly are you trying to prevent?

The vast majority of out-of-battery ignitions with a 10/22 are caused by a dirty chamber, incomplete seating of the round, and the bolt hitting the rim causing detonation.

This problem has been exacerbated by the now common match chamber dimensions on many of the aftermarket barrels and the increased use of pull-through cleaning tools. It's very difficult if not impossible (I know many will wail and complain at this statement) to remove the carbon ring with a pull-through.

If you are totally against cleaning from the muzzle with a rod (there are rod guides to protect the crown) go out to rimfirecentral and get on the list for the cleaning rod drilling jig. Inside of a week or two you will be mailed a very simple to use and accurate drilling jig that allows you to precisely drill an access hole in the rear of the receiver (it's save, this part of the receiver is non-structural and after-market receiver manufactures include these on their products).

This jig places a hole precisely in line with the bore allowing cleaning from the rear and also allows bore sighting your sights. Your only cost is to mail it on to the next person on the list, which is $5.80 for a Priority Flat Rate Small Box.

Additionally, all 10/22 triggering mechanisms have a disconnect feature to avoid out-of-battery ignition caused by the hammer following the bolt home.

So this doesn't really answer your question ... but I hope you find it helpful. Again, there are thousands of posts on just the 10/22 on rimfirecentral.
j-team

Re: 10/22 Trigger

Post by j-team »

TheShadow wrote:Does anyone know of a company that sells a 10/22 trigger that will not allow the rifle to fire out of battery? I'm looking for a design that would prevent firing just in case the bolt doesn't completely close and causes a ruptured case. THANKS
No. The disconnector is hammer activated. It would have to be slide activated to prevent the possibility.