Bringing culture to the masses

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

Bringing culture to the masses

Post by Rover »

This morning was the opener of the Desert Midwinter. Great turnout for Free Pistol. The range master said he never saw so many free pistols.

Of course, I had my own problem. Through the whole match, I could not get this out of my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgABcoRU ... E60E3336A5

I had even gone through my special training regimen: Up at 3a.m., two large coffees, a stiff Bloody Mary, then into the garage for some dry firing and a couple of AP targets.

I guess I did something right...my score was about 15 points higher than usual.

BTW The shooter on my right was the Bullseye Moderator for TT. Nice lady.

Also BTW I was wearing my official Arizona shooting gear: jeans, polo shirt, light jacket, and penny loafers. Let's get real!

Post by Guest »

Way to go ,Roger...say Hello to the lads for me...Jonathan the Kiwi
paw080

Post by paw080 »

Anonymous wrote:Way to go ,Roger...say Hello to the lads for me...Jonathan the Kiwi
Hi Jonathon, I'm glad to see you are still around. We gotta get together

sometime and do some shooting(FP) at Prado, or bullseye at Prado. My

son Raphael recently got his Bullseye 1911 from Greg Derr. Hope to hear

that your rotater cuff is healed now;

Tony from Corona
conradin

Post by conradin »

My roommate made a killer Bloody Mary, I shall remind her of that whenever I practice or go to a match.
Rover

Post by Rover »

With your current efforts, it sure couldn't hurt!
conradin

Post by conradin »

What sort of the weirdest FP did you see in the event? Have you seen an upside down FP?
conradin

Post by conradin »

Rover wrote:With your current efforts, it sure couldn't hurt!
She will be my coach, that is, she will constantly adjust the mix to improve my feelings (not necessarily the score). Currently I like more black pepper.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I believe every FP I saw at the match was a TOZ or Morini.

If you'd been here as you were supposed to be, you could have snagged a sweet, cased TOZ off the sale table for a very reasonable price. (About what I paid for my tired rat-beater.)

BTW Though every word of my original post is true, it was written tongue-in-cheek. Some will not get it.

Did you check the url?
Rover

Post by Rover »

UPDATE:

I shot my AP match this morning. Unfortunately, I did not follow my match plan. (I ran out of vodka.) Therefore I didn't have my Bloody Mary. I was shaking like a dog shittin' peach pits.

I shot the worst score in recent memory. I blame this on not adhering to the "7 P's".

For those unfamiliar with the "7 P's", it is a term used by Marines, CEOs, and others concerned with performance.

It means: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Memorize it...live it!
conradin

Post by conradin »

Rover wrote:I believe every FP I saw at the match was a TOZ or Morini.

If you'd been here as you were supposed to be, you could have snagged a sweet, cased TOZ off the sale table for a very reasonable price. (About what I paid for my tired rat-beater.)

BTW Though every word of my original post is true, it was written tongue-in-cheek. Some will not get it.

Did you check the url?
Oh God, Joshua Rifkin. I sill remember him in a musicology conference arguing with some other dude across the hall.

My backup is the old East German Buehag Zentrum 2, so I don't need a TO3. Thanks for the tip.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Rover wrote:UPDATE:

I shot my AP match this morning. Unfortunately, I did not follow my match plan. (I ran out of vodka.) Therefore I didn't have my Bloody Mary. I was shaking like a dog shittin' peach pits.
Legends have it that in the 1896 Olympics everyone thought the Paine brothers beat them so badly was because they drank during the contest. They imitated in the next events, no help, still got their collective asses beat.
Rover

Post by Rover »

My only memory of Josh Rifkin was him spitting watermelon seeds at the other guests a party somewhere in Greenwich Village. (Mostly NYU musicologists, many of whom performed on the album.)
conradin

Post by conradin »

Rover wrote:My only memory of Josh Rifkin was him spitting watermelon seeds at the other guests a party somewhere in Greenwich Village. (Mostly NYU musicologists, many of whom performed on the album.)
You still remember NYPM?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Not at all. At the time I was only there for a few days and ran into some old friends.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Yes, I finally had a chance to shoot next to Rover. He shot free pistol quite well. My first 20 shots where pretty good, but I just lost focus after that.

If you are not shooting for fun, there is no point in being out there.

And I couldn't smell a trace of liquor on Rover's breath. He hides it well. :-).
conradin

Post by conradin »

Isabel1130 wrote: And I couldn't smell a trace of liquor on Rover's breath. He hides it well. :-).
Its V8. V8 hides the vodka well.