Walther GSP Expert Rear Sight Assembly

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jjgun

Walther GSP Expert Rear Sight Assembly

Post by jjgun »

While removing the rear sight of my Walther GSP Expert to install a scope rail for bullseye, I had a brain fart and the small spring shot across my workshop never to be found again. So I have several questions. (1) Does anyone know where I can get a replacement spring or have the dimensions of the spring so I can match it elsewhere? (2) Even with the assembly drawing in the manual, it is hard to tell where exactly the spring goes. Does anyone have a picture or can explain the re-assembly?

It is time to re-install the rear sight and prepare for some international pistol competitions again. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JJ
Bill Treanor

Post by Bill Treanor »

It looks like you need part # 25 from the diagram below:

http://www.carlwalther.com/views/evgsp.htm

I would give Earl a call at (978) 851-2656 to see if he can help you. That would be my best suggestion.

Good luck and I hope you get back to shooting ASAP :-)
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Good luck finding the spring - 'lost' one inside a carpeted room: hours on the floor with a magnet, vacuumed the room, all to no avail. No doubt there is a quantum physics explanation...

I found a spring from a tyre valve that did the job.
FredB

spring

Post by FredB »

This is not a critical part. All it needs to do is fit into the hole in the sight mounting block on the receiver, and maintain sufficient tension on the windage screw. Listen to Spencer: "I found a spring from a tyre valve that did the job."
scausi

spring

Post by scausi »

Pretty sure a cut down spring from a biro pen will come close.
or you could put your wooly jumper on, and roll around the floor for a while , sure you would pick it up,
rmca

Re: spring

Post by rmca »

FredB wrote:This is not a critical part. All it needs to do is fit into the hole in the sight mounting block on the receiver, and maintain sufficient tension on the windage screw. Listen to Spencer: "I found a spring from a tyre valve that did the job."
+1

But if you really want to find it, the best way is to buy a new one. Only then will it show up... It ALWAYS works for me!

Hope this helps
mld

GSP spring

Post by mld »

The spring is 4 mm in diameter and 14 mm long with 6 coils.

Hope this helps.
jjgun

GSP Spring

Post by jjgun »

Thanks all for the responses. mld, thanks for the dimensions. I should be able to get close now. I'll try putting it back on Saturday and let you know how it works.

jj
jjgun

GSP Spring

Post by jjgun »

I took a couple of springs out of pens and cut them down to 14 mm. It was a little tough keeping the spring compressed while sliding the sight onto the pistol. As a matter of fact, LOL, the spring shot out again once and I had to look for 5 minutes to find it. But now it's together and ready to be sighted in. Thanks all for your comments !!
jjgun

GSP Spring

Post by jjgun »

I took a couple of springs out of pens and cut them down to 14 mm. It was a little tough keeping the spring compressed while sliding the sight onto the pistol. As a matter of fact, LOL, the spring shot out again once and I had to look for 5 minutes to find it. But now it's together and ready to be sighted in. Thanks all for your comments !!