FWB 600 cocking problem

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

quackdog

FWB 600 cocking problem

Post by quackdog »

In the past month or two my FWB 600 has required significantly more force to cock, especially on the backstroke, maybe 2 to 3 times more force than before. It feels like it needs lubricant. Do you believe the problem is that it needs lubricant, and if so, where should I
put it? I have a manual but it's not clear from the pictures where lubricant should be applied. The rifle still shoots fine.
Thanks much for the help.
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

Not sure of the symptoms but I do know that the original FWB600 had issues with the cocking arm that were corrected in the later 60x models. Someone like Jim Edmundson could probably tell you if the problem you are having is the cocking arm issue coming up on you or something else. I want to say the problem with the original was a pivot point pin wearing early so check those areas to make sure there is no binding slop.

Good luck..

Bo