Matter Dropped

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Tanktrek

Matter Dropped

Post by Tanktrek »

closed
Last edited by Tanktrek on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randy1952

Re: ID this .22 Ammo

Post by randy1952 »

Tanktrek wrote:Has anyone have any information on BLEI-RUNDKOPF .22 LONG RIFLE.
A friend of mind recently gave me a 50 round box of this stuff that he says is good stuff. It comes in a red and black box and it says on the box that it is OPTIMIZED FOR BOLT ACTION RIFLES.
It also says Biegeschoss lead bullet solid 2,6g/40gr.

Thanks
Ron
German to English Translation BLEI-RUNDKOPF refers to Lead round nose

German to English Translation for Biegeschoss means Totally
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

"BLEI-RUNDKOPF .22 LONG RIFLE" is no brand or label but only the description as written by randy, = lead round nose.

No box to show a picture? I think I know nearly all german ammo brands and packages, but I'm sure there will be a hint somewhere on the box, if you can showit to us.

If not: what's the problem? It won't be a collector's item, it won't damage your gun, and if you only have one box of it - go shooting... :)
conradin

Post by conradin »

Take a picture of the bottom to show the maker's stamp, and I'll see what I can come on with.
FrankD

Post by FrankD »

The description could apply to the GECO .22lr Rifle, a brand of the RUAG Ammotec GmbH, Switzerland and Germany.

The GECO .22lr Rifle is a low cost rimfire ammo and for that price not bad. I have used them some years as the host in some traditional matches where the ammo was provided to the shooters and have had never complaints. For me at this time the quality and dimensional accuracy was better then of the CCI SV or the RWS Sport. Some tests with my beloved Diana 820 out of the shoulder gave me some real tight groups without flyers and without different bangs.

Hi Ulrich,

whats going on in Vosswinkel or Bergheim?
And does your heart meanwhile also beats for the Sauerland?

Regards from Germany

Frank
Attachments
geco_22Rifle.jpg
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

Yeah, Frank, the Geco seems to be a "hot candidate" (even though the logo can be clearly seen on the box).

Hm, I'm working "auf Bergheim", but in my heart I will always be a "Dortmunder" and Westphalian, not a Sauerländer (das sind doch Würstchen, oder? :) )
Tanktrek

ID this .22 Ammo

Post by Tanktrek »

That is the ammo
Quest1

Ammo

Post by Quest1 »

Ulrich Eichstädt wrote:Yeah, Frank, the Geco seems to be a "hot candidate" (even though the logo can be clearly seen on the box).

Hm, I'm working "auf Bergheim", but in my heart I will always be a "Dortmunder" and Westphalian, not a Sauerländer (das sind doch Würstchen, oder? :) )
RUAG AmmoTec is the main company and they sell not only Geco, but RWS, Rottweil, Hitenberger and Norma ammo.
MASTER CYLINDER

Blei-Rundkopf

Post by MASTER CYLINDER »

I found two boxes of this at Big 5 last summer. Made in Fulth, Germany. $7 for 50 rounds. A bit expensive, but well worth it. Mine says Semi-Auto on the box, but I shoot it in my bolt action. Absolutely the best .22LR I've shot to date. I would love to get my hands on a lot more.