Pardini trigger

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sakofer

Pardini trigger

Post by sakofer »

Hello ya all.
I Have been learning and understanding my Pardni SP .22 pistol, Almost have the trigger that I would love.
Minimal First stage run,light firt stage pull weight, no second stage run. I can´t get to lower tha second stage weight pull, Can´t get to one pound or less. Its stuck un 1 pound 4 oz.
Any ideas? what am I doing wrong?
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Why would you want it below 1,000g?
rmca

Post by rmca »

This pistol was designed for Olympic style shooting.

That means a minimal trigger weight of 1 kg, or 1000 grams.

I don't think you will be able to get a much lighter trigger than you have right now... I'm even surprised that you could got it that low...

The only way would be to replace the springs for the first and second stage weight, but then I don't know if the pistol would function properly.

You you want a lighter trigger try free pistol ;)
slofyr

Re: Pardini trigger

Post by slofyr »

sakofer wrote:... Can´t get to one pound or less. Its stuck un 1 pound 4 oz. Any ideas? what am I doing wrong?
1lb 4oz is the functional minimum. An auto loader needs to have a certain amount of spring tension on the sear so it follows the hammer and engages with the hammer's notch. If the sear spring is too soft the pistol will double, or the hammer will fail to lock back and just follow the bolt forward. The hammer's spring is fairly stiff and puts a lot pressure on the sear when they are engaged. The angles of the sear ledge and hammer notch also create disengagement resistance [for safety]. You could tweak the springs and stone the notches to get the pull lighter, but it WILL make the pistol unreliable and dangerous.
sako

Post by sako »

Thank you all for your info.
Knowing that this pistol is design to shoot properly al 1000gr thats good for me.
38HBWC

Trigger Pardini

Post by 38HBWC »

Larry Carter saved my Pardini trigger. I thought I was so smart to tweak mine. I sent it to him and I vowed never to mess with it again, except for camming it over to mating with my finger.