WC Munich Free Pistols Finalists Pistol Models

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
conradin

WC Munich Free Pistols Finalists Pistol Models

Post by conradin »

1.ZLATIC Toz-35
2.MAI Morini CM84E
3.CARRERA Matchguns MG5E
4.COSTA Morini CM84E
5.ZHANG Morini CM84E
6.RAI Morini CM84E
7.BROWN Toz-35
8.JIN Morini CM84E
Last edited by conradin on Mon May 27, 2013 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
dand

Post by dand »

I heard that the cocking lever on Isakov's pistol broke during the elimination. He had a 489 after 51 shots. That is an outstanding average. I can hardly imagine how disappointing that would be. Any of them can fail but you hate to see that happen to anybody especially when they are smokin' 'em like that.

Dan
conradin

Post by conradin »

dand wrote:I heard that the cocking lever on Isakov's pistol broke during the elimination. He had a 489 after 51 shots. That is an outstanding average. I can hardly imagine how disappointing that would be. Any of them can fail but you hate to see that happen to anybody especially when they are smokin' 'em like that.

Dan
That will be a huge blow to the Walter Hämmerli brand. Isakov is their only sponsored FP shooter. Very few that I know of use the FP60, there are more MG5 users than FP60.

Which also brings me back to a question that i have asked earlier, if your pistol is broken during the competition, can you switch to a backup right away, assuming the organizer did a quick check and inspection, or you already have your backup check and inspected? Does that backup has to be the same brand and model...or in Isakov's case, can he use his old Morini as a backup?

I presume the damage to the FP60 is so massive that the Walther people there were unable to repair it in time?

I don't see any reason he would not have made it to the final.

Breaking cocking lever mechanism can be a complicated diagnosis, so many tiny little parts can go wrong,
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Are you sure that it was the cocking mechanism? I would rather think of the set trigger arm. When I told you about when that happened on my FP60 some of you called me clumsy, remember? (And that happened when a support guy from Walther tested the pistol so I was not to blame at all.)

The FP60 has two weak spots, but talking about it just makes worms come out of the woodwork.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

conradin wrote:Which also brings me back to a question that i have asked earlier, if your pistol is broken during the competition, can you switch to a backup right away, assuming the organizer did a quick check and inspection, or you already have your backup check and inspected?
Yes, if the Jury approve it. The replacement must already have been through EC.
conradin wrote:Does that backup has to be the same brand and model...
No
Tim C

Post by Tim C »

I like the way the are posting the results with targets.

http://www.issf-sports.org/xmlresultpag ... 313b303b30
conradin

Post by conradin »

I think there should be a prize for the person with the most x during qualifying, and there should be a prize for the person with the most 10.9 during the finals.
Tim C

Post by Tim C »

conradin wrote:I think there should be a prize for the person with the most x during qualifying, and there should be a prize for the person with the most 10.9 during the finals.
There should be an award for the open winner of the so called "qualifying" round, the "Finals" are almost like a second competition.
jipe

Post by jipe »

The cocking mechanism can also easily break: if the shot is released with the breech no fully closed, there is a major risk to break the cocking arm of the firing pin or to break the firing pin in two pieces.

The firing pin is a kind of cylinder with the real pin on the front end and a cocking arm on the left side. The cocking lever push this arm and thus the firing pin to the rear to arm it. If it is broken, the firing pin cannot be armed anymore.

To repair it, the firing pin must be replaced. In order to do that, the grip must be removed, then the breech assembly removed out of the pistol body and the breech opened what also means removing two small arms and springs. It takes time even for a trained gunsmith, I don't think it is possible to do it fast enough to finish the qualifications in time.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

That is correct, it happened to me. I had an extra breech just in case.
(It is the same as on a Hämmerli 162). Then a change can be made in time. I suppose that at a WC in Germany should be attended by a representative from Walther? Anyway at this level it is best to be prepared for this to happen.
conradin

Post by conradin »

As a Walther sponsored shooter I find it strange that he does not have the full support of at least a backup pistol ready at any time.

It usually take me 30 minutes to break down the Morini and then put it back (breech system). Obviously it would be too late,. If this were in the 1910s or 1920s, then there would be plenty of time (competition last for 3 hours for 60 shots).,
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

30 minutes? Changing the whole breech can go in 5 minutes on a FP60.
A TOZ in 2 minutes. On the other hand I have not figured out how to take the breech out on my MG5 yet.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Reinhamre wrote:30 minutes? Changing the whole breech can go in 5 minutes on a FP60.
A TOZ in 2 minutes. On the other hand I have not figured out how to take the breech out on my MG5 yet.
I mean 30 minutes from taking out the breech, total break down, replace firing pin and/or clean, and put them all back together and put it back into the pistol.