Question on price and gun question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

silentfury214

Question on price and gun question

Post by silentfury214 »

Hello all, I am thinking of selling my LG300XT Protouch Left-handed and I was wondering how much you think would be a good price for it. It has all of the original parts and is in superb condition. It has only been owned for 2 years and I am the first owner. When it was still for sale, it sold for somewhere around $2300 (i think), but since the LG400's came out, I have no idea how much I should offer it for.

I would post this in the for sale section, but I don't plan on selling it for a few more weeks/months and I might not sell it all. Plus, I would like to know my budget for a new air rifle.

Speaking of which, I am thinking about purchasing a new air rifle and trying to decide between a FWB 800 and FWB 700. Is the 800 really worth the extra few hundred dollars? My coach has an 800 for use as an "extra" rifle and it feels pretty nice, but the 700 feels nice as well. Also, do they even sell an 800 in left hand?

Thank you!
EJ

Post by EJ »

I don't have any input on the 300/400 question, but as the left handed version of the 800 goes, it's quite easy. The only thing you need is a left handed pistol grip. Both loading lever and cheek piece can switch sides (the cheek piece has two different profiles and built to be able to turn around).
Since I haven't tried the 800 yet, but own a 700 alu since 2005, it's tricky to give a direct answer to the question. I'm generally not impressed with the 700, many things I've had to work around to make it perfect, but the fit and feel of it beats any problems. If the 800 feels the same, I'd easily go with that one instead since it seems like they have fixed most of those annoying features of the older rifle. But with a different feel to it, of course very subjective, I'd stick to the cheaper 700.
silentfury214

Post by silentfury214 »

what are some of those "problems" you have had?
EJ

Post by EJ »

Loading lever doesn't clear the rear aperture when pushed forward (it needs modification).
The hand rest is slippery, had to make one out of wood instead.
Cheek piece is uncomfortable when head is far forward (subjective), can be switched 180 though.
Quality of adjustment knobs (mainly for cheek piece) under critique (tricky to get it exact and keep it there). Is also missing some adjustment I'd like to have which were there in previous models.
Since I have a post-60 mm sight line rule rifle, height adjustments of the cheek piece not good enough (have had to build it up myself).
Screws attaching buttplate not threading perfectly, have to be careful not to strip the threads.
Have changed the buttplate (would say the original one is the worst of all three major rifles) and the rear aperture isn't great either.

But like mentioned earlier, I'm still using it after 8y, so the upside (feel) of it beats anything I've done to make it well-fitting.