MKIII/Grips/Redot/ect

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

firefirst

MKIII/Grips/Redot/ect

Post by firefirst »

I am shooting in the 90's now, for me that is a great thing (shoot left eye right hand right eye is bad) Now I am using a MKIII nice triger, I have pachmayr signature grips, Millett redot 5.5 slibe side. OK now Should I get a better set of grips, one with thumb rest or the ones that are like the ones on my Izzy 46, the redot I think is ok but some say get an ultra dot??? or echo?? and they are high $$$$ but I do want to compete this summer . But I have to say the set up I have is a good one but just want to pick up 5 more points any help thanks
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Are you just going to shoot rimfire or is your goal to shoot entire 2700's?

When you say you are shooting in the 90s, is that all the way through the 900, or just in slow fire, only in timed fire or what?

If your goal is to shoot 2700's, your choices may be very different.
Different grips will not improve or correct poor triggering, or many other problems. However, if your grip is both comfortable and consistant, you will generally shoot better.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Old adage , you can't buy points. Best to work harder with what you have . Try and seta few goals to motivate yourself to shoot better.
tuj

Post by tuj »

While I'd normally agree with Greg, finding a set of grips that really fit you and help you pull the trigger better can be one legit ways to 'buy' points. I would recommend a set of anatomical grips made to your hand.

You can pick from Rink or Nils across the sea, or email Dick Horton here in the USA.

I put a set of Horton grips on my IZH-35m and my scores immediately went up and stayed there. Just having a proper fit to my hand made pulling the trigger without disturbing the sight alignment easier

And yes, I know Zins uses regular grips on his 1911, but I put anatomical grips on my 1911, and you know what? I shoot that better with those grips than standard. What works for some doesn't work for others (yes I tried the 'Zins grip' first).
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

Might try different kinds of ammo, some will group tighter than others, thus uping your score. A good cheap grip is the herrit nationals, adjustable palm shelf and thumb rest. bullseye gear.com sells them for about 60 bucks.