Which Riser Blocks fit an Anschutz Rifle?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

John C

Which Riser Blocks fit an Anschutz Rifle?

Post by John C »

I'm looking for a secondhand set of riser blocks for my Anschutz 1403 rifle. There are several sets of non-Anschutz riser blocks on the buy,sell,trade forum, but none specifically for the Anshutz. Will Walther, FWB, or similar riser blocks fit an Anschutz rifle? Don't all of these rifles have a standard 11mm rail?

Thanks,

-John
justadude

Post by justadude »

A little while back Eric U posted a very good discussion on this, here is the entire thread.

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

Eric's part is about 2/3 of the way down but unfortunately 11mm is not the same from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Next, 1403 does that have the "block" for front sight?

Dude
John C

Post by John C »

Dude;

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out.

I'm extremely new to rifle, being a pistol shooter for over 20 years. So I'm not sure I understand your question about the "block" front sight. If I understand correctly, you're asking whether the rails that the front sight attach to are a similar width as the rear sight rails? If so, then yes. I believe that the front sight would take riser blocks without issue.

Thanks,

-John
John C

Post by John C »

Okay, from reading the thread linked above, it looks like I just need to get an anschutz specific riser block set.

Thanks! That's what I needed to know!

-John
justadude

Post by justadude »

When Anschutz introduced the 19xx series of rifles they went from having a metal block screwed onto the top of the barrel at the muzzle end that the front sight clamped onto (the 14xx and 18xx) to just cutting a dovetail on the top of the barrel.(19xx) That applies to the Match 54 action based rifles.

Overall this was an improvement as there was one less part to come loose.

I have lost track of the various iterations of the 1403,1803 and 1903 and what they have done with regard to the front sight. This was the lighter "64" action and considered more of an introductory rifle.

If there is a metal block, a little more than 3/8 inch across screwed to the top of the barrel at the muzzle you need the "prism block" front sight riser block. If there is a dovetail cut into the barrel then you need that appropriate riser block.

Hope that helps.

Dude
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

John,

any sight raiser blocks that are sold to fit Anschutz 1407-1813 or Match 54 rifles will fit your 1403.

As 'Dude noted, any blocks that are sold for 1907/1913 or 2007/2013 are not suitable. The rear blocks will work, but the front block won't. Actually a front block for a newer Anschutz can be made to fit your rifle, as the angle of the dovetail is similar (it's just much more shallow on a new block), but your old foresight won't fit on a new style block.

Tim
John C

Post by John C »

Thank you, gentlemen, for the replies. I see now that my 1403 does not have a metal block front sight, but rather the rails in the barrel in which the front sight clamps on.

I'll definitely get the 1407-1807 riser blocks.

Thanks,

-John
justadude

Post by justadude »

John,

If you have a dovetail cut right into the barrel then you would need / should need the 19xx series riser blocks.

If you were to call Neal Stepp at International Shooter Service (817) 595-2090 he would likely be able to ask you a few questions and make sure you get the right blocks.

Honestly, this does not sound like a 1403. I just did some checking on the Anschutz website. The 1403 and 1803 both had the block screwed to the barrel. Starting in 1991 they went to the 1903 that had the dovetail cut directly into the barrel.

Cheers,
Dude