Morini CM162EI vs Steyr LP10E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Bob Polk

Morini CM162EI vs Steyr LP10E

Post by Bob Polk »

About a month ago, I purchased a Steyr LP10E and it admittedly is a very high quality gun, however, my trigger finger drags on the trigger guard. I've attempted a number of solutions, short of cutting away the trigger guard. I've tried altering the grip; even bought a larger grip, thinking that possibly it would move my finger away from the guard. No joy.

My next step is to purchase a Morini CM162EI, due to the larger trigger guard opening. My question is have the members of this forum that shoot a Morini been happy with it's performance, reliability, etc.?

When I sell my LP10E (650 pellets fired downrange) what would be a fair price? Thanks for your input.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Cut away the trigger guard.
#1texan

Post by #1texan »

I have a Morini 162EI and love it. I have never shot any other high end air pistols although I have handled and dry fired a few and in my opinion Morini is the best
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Alter the inside of the grip, so the pistol sits lower in your hand. Got the same issue with all Steyrs, they really only work for me when the hand is up there right under the rear sight :-)
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Like Tycho says , deepen the pocket where the pistol mounts, you can also change it some by playing with the rake, adjust those little screws on the bottom. If you do deepen the pocket you need to watch the clearance between the top of the grip and the rear sight, if you got too far the sight will sit on the grip.
scausi

morini vs steyr

Post by scausi »

i had an lp1 for 7 years , then upgaded to a Morini ei, great pistol as was the Steyr, but if you have probs with the trigger guard on th Steyr , get the Morini as that trigger guard comes off , it is plastic and held on with a screw
Coastwatcher

Post by Coastwatcher »

The simplest things are sometimes the best solution. As some have pointed out you can adjust the grip angle through a simple adjustment of the screws. This is a design feature of the pistol. I would try that before considering altering the trigger guard or changing pistols.

Best of luck.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

You'd be nuts to change the grip angle when it's working for you. But altering the grip so the pistol sits lower (with unchanged angles) is pretty easy, and besides, make it look good :-)
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Tycho wrote:You'd be nuts to change the grip angle when it's working for you.
I couldn't agree more.

The grip angle screws are there to let you get as near a perfect grip angle as possible for you, not so that you can move away from the perfect grip angle just because you are touching the trigger guard.
Coastwatcher

Post by Coastwatcher »

The original poster does not say anywhere that he had a "perfect Grip angle". Sounds to me that the grip as configured is far from perfect. He stated that he felt the options were changing pistols or altering the trigger guard. There are less drastic options I would consider first.

Sometimes you guys seem to read words that I don't see.
orionshooter

Post by orionshooter »

I have the same problem with 1911's.

Assuming you paid a fair price for the Steyr, deduct $100-200 depending on how quickly you want to sell it. Chop up the trigger guard, and I would deduct $700 at minimum and pray real hard.

It would be difficult to find a trigger better than the Morini.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Do nor discount the P44, either.
scausi

Post by scausi »

Just for the record the whole point of the grip angle via the frame adjusting screws are , when you raise the pistol the sights are lined up with the shooter not having to adjust sight alingment via the wrist,
Rover

Post by Rover »

Let's see...you guys will totally bugger up a $200 set of grips, but won't neatly wear away a bit of trigger guard?
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Japp, I will make fire wood of my grip if it stands in the way for a perfect sight picture. But a scratch on the frame, that I will not forgive.....
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Grips are made from wood and other soft stuff so you can work on them. Frames aren't.
Rover

Post by Rover »

That's why I would only charge $80 (or a beer) to do the job with my trusty Dremel tool. The BMW touch-up paint would be extra.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Or, do like I had to do.....
Walther LP400 with Rink grip made for a Morini 162EI.