Walther kk300

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

pratt2208

Walther kk300

Post by pratt2208 »

Every one i know shoots an anschutz however i keep hearing Walther come up as a quality gun. Does any one have any experience with the Walther and are accessories readily available in US and can a scope be mounted on a Walther KK300
Thank You
Jason
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

Yes, the Walther is a very nice rifle - you only have to look at some of the World Championship Final's on YouTube or ISSFTV and see how many of the top guys are using them.
I'm let to believe that they're producing some very accurate barrels at the moment.
The KK300 has a lovely trigger too.

Mounting a scope should be no problem using dual rings.

No idea about spares in the US though...

K.
pratt2208

Post by pratt2208 »

Does it use the same rail as the anschutz
jkuna

Post by jkuna »

Yes, it use the same rail.
Bntarrw

Post by Bntarrw »

I bought a KK 300 for my son and it has outstanding! Parts and service has never been a issue. I highly recommend it
pratt2208

Post by pratt2208 »

I have an esp scope rail that slides on the rail that is already there does the walther have the same scope mount rail as the anschutz
pratt2208

Post by pratt2208 »

can you put a bloop tube on the walther i know it has a silver thing on the end of the barrel is it still possible to put a bloop tube on if necessary
Jason
Eric U

Post by Eric U »

The Walther sight dovetail is not the same as Anschutz. You can put a bloop tube on the Walther, you just have to remove the silver front sight base. Walther actually makes tubes that attach the same way as the silver sight base (set screws).

Eric U
pratt2208

Post by pratt2208 »

If i remove the silver on the end will one of you uptatuner tubes go on over the barrel
Eric U

Post by Eric U »

I've haven't sold any bloop tubes for Walther but have sold about a dozen tuner tubes for them. No complaints so far except I don't cut Walther dovetails. Most guys who buy tubes for Walther ask for the Anschutz dovetail, which means you also need an Anschutz front sight.

Eric U
jkuna

Post by jkuna »

The Walther front sight dove tail isn't same as Anschutz but rear sigth rail is exact same as Anschutz.
Attachments
walther 1.JPG
walther 1.JPG (54.13 KiB) Viewed 9522 times
walther 2.JPG
walther 2.JPG (47.73 KiB) Viewed 9522 times
jkuna

Post by jkuna »

It's an Anschutz diopter on Walther kk 300.
kevin nevius

KK300

Post by kevin nevius »

Hi Jason:

I have been using Walther KK300 actions for a few seasons now, and I agree with the other posters here - they are an excellent choice!

THere are a few features that make them preferrable - the triggers are the best I have ever used or worked on (Anschutz triggers tend to hang the first stage if the sear engagement is set on the edge - to eliminate creep, the Walthers do not). They also offer blade positions that others don't. The action design (and the position of the trigger) allows you to position the loading port closer to the shooter - a real advantage in prone shooting.

The actions are massive, and flat bottomed allowing great bedding surface (and making bedding easier). The three action screws positioned in front of the trigger placement allow you to bed the forward 75% and allow the tang to "float".

Ignotion is outstanding, and the mechanism is robust. Lock time is also outstanding.

Rebarrelling them is also easy - the KK200 utilized (on most of them) a similar clamping arrangement to the 2000 Anschutz action. THe KK300 uses retaining compound to secure the barrel (the barrel shanks are very long (approx 2.80"), allowing LOTS of surface area for the retaining fluid. Shanks are 20mm - I turn mine to .785" which allows approx.005" clearance, and set the barrel with a medium (yellow) Loctite retaining fluid using a headspace guage.

All in all - this IMHO is the best prone / position action out there right now.

I use an Anatomic stock - which I also highly recommend.

Well over 100k rounds thru my first KK300 - and no failures / breakage of any kind.

All the best,

Kev
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

Welcome Kev, nice to see you posting here.

Ken.
kevin nevius

Post by kevin nevius »

Thanks Ken

I hope to meet you someday - all the best in the coming season

kev
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

Hi Kev, likewise.

Regards,
Ken.
pratt2208

Post by pratt2208 »

how do you adjust the kk300 alutec to bring the loading port closer to the shooter
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

I don't think there is any facility in a KK300 stock to alter where the action sits. I assume Kevin was refering to fitting Walther actions into other stocks, in that the whole action can be set further back, than with other brands.

The KK300 bolt is slightly shorter than an Anschutz 54 (though not as short as a Bleiker), so assuming an equal LOP, the Walther's chamber will be closer to the shooter for slightly easier loading.
gstarik

Post by gstarik »

I shoot Walther kk200 since 1998.it's the best gun I ever had.
I had a Border barrel on it which shot almost 300000 rounds before I have replaced it with another Border few month ago.
I recommend to Walther shooters to use only the 2 front bedding screws and leave the back one out. The back screw have no real support,and the rifle shoots better without it.
If you use pillar bedding,than the back screw should be used.
The trigger is great,but you should check the head space every 10000 rounds,because it opens a little if you shoot a lot.
Guy.
kevin nevius

Post by kevin nevius »

pratt2208 wrote:how do you adjust the kk300 alutec to bring the loading port closer to the shooter
I use the Anatomic stock - I think what I did would transfer?

I shoot prone - so I don't need to worry about any commonality for 3P.

I moved the butt assembly as far in as was comfortable, and moved the handstop up to accomodate my lenth of pull (almost to the end of the rail). On the Anatomic stock, the grip also moves along the CL, so I shifted it up also. The cheek piece is also movable - so it to shifted forward (although it was usable where it was).

All of this positions the action / port closer to your head (closer to the body). In the stock you mentioned, just shifting the butt assembly in and moving the handstop an equal distance would help you access the port.

The only down side was the positioning of the rear sight (I use an Anschutz on my rifle). THe rear sight shifted forward also - right over the loading port! I use a Centra spacer riser block - and cantilevered the rail. It looks weird, but works well and doesn't interfere with case ejection.

Hope this helps,

kev