More Feinwerkbau model 2 questions!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
tenex

More Feinwerkbau model 2 questions!

Post by tenex »

Thanks to Neal Stepp and the Pilkingtons, I now have a fill adapter, bleed tool, and left handed grip for my new (to me) FWB model 2.

Here's the last problem:
The grip I have is for an adjustable model (C20 +).

It either needs:
1. The frame modified with elongated holes to adjust the grip (which I can do)
or
2. The grip holes plugged and re-drilled to accommodate the position I want.

Modifying the frame would allow the use of any grip style as intended, I just can't seem to drill or file the frame of the gun (it's in like new condition). Of course the grip is like new as well, but I don't feel as bad hacking that up. I'd prefer the original non-adjustable grip, but I can make this one work.

So, what's it to be: machine the frame, or plug and re-drill the grip?

As usual, helpful suggestions are always welcome!

Steve.

P.S. Thanks again to Neil and the Pilkingtons, you guys are great.
BEA

FWB Mod 2

Post by BEA »

Play it safe and alter the grip. If you make an error, it is easier to fix.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Drill or slot the frame.

It's just a peice of metal for goodness sake. You can't even see the frame when the grip is attached. If you plug the grip, every time you shoot it you will look at it and wish you had just drilled or slotted the frame.

I once had an FWB C5, I sawed most of the frame off so i could attach a Walther OSP grip.

This reminds me of those people (my father for instance) who baby their cars. I say, what are you doing? Making sure it's nice for the next owner at the expense of your own enjoyment?
tenex

Post by tenex »

I guess I am saving it for it's next owner. I just picked up a high standard citation that my dad owned many years ago, it's in about the same shape as it was back then. If the last owner turned it into a science project, I might not have it today, and my kids wouldn't get to shoot bullseye with grandpa's gun.

I know it would be more utilitarian to just machine the frame, I just can't do it.

Steve.
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

Steve wrote:I know it would be more utilitarian to just machine the frame, I just can't do it.
Well, then, I guess you've answered your own question.

I've heard that if a person is ambiguous about a choice, he should flip a coin. If he is pleased with the flip, that is what he wants; if he is disappointed, then he wants the other choice and should go with that.

Frankly, I'm with you. I' am a machinist and metalwork is much easier for me than woodwork, but I would rather set the original grips aside and muck up the wood on a new set than do any permanent change to an older gun frame.