Help with Scatt

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
A74BEDLM

Help with Scatt

Post by A74BEDLM »

Can any help me set up a scatt for 10m AP at reduced 5m distance?
I've borrowed a friends Scatt unfortunately he's away which is why I'm borrowing it for a week and I need some help as the manual seems a bit lacking.

I did the calibration and the blue dot is in the inner circle but a the 3 o'clock outer edge of inner circle how do you get it in the middle - what do you change?

Is there specific trace parameters I should set?

Any help appreciated. Thanks
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

If the blue dot is anywhere inside the inner circle, there is nothing wrong. click close and start shooting sighters.

You might want to change the f-coefficient to about 25 if it is not already set to that value. Otherwise there really is nothing else to change.

Marcus
Claude

Re: Help with Scatt

Post by Claude »

A74BEDLM wrote:Can any help me set up a scatt for 10m AP at reduced 5m distance?
I've borrowed a friends Scatt unfortunately he's away which is why I'm borrowing it for a week and I need some help as the manual seems a bit lacking.

I did the calibration and the blue dot is in the inner circle but a the 3 o'clock outer edge of inner circle how do you get it in the middle - what do you change?

Is there specific trace parameters I should set?

Any help appreciated. Thanks
In training (not in match) you fire 5 shots aiming at the center and after those shots, you adjust the average of shots (leftclicking the mousebutton and holding) by to the middle of the target.

That's in place of adjusting your sights on your pistol.

Hope this helps you out.
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

Thanks for help so far.

What is F Co-efficient and why set to 25?

What should I set for 50m Pistol at 5m?
Claude

Post by Claude »

A74BEDLM wrote:Thanks for help so far.

What is F Co-efficient and why set to 25?

What should I set for 50m Pistol at 5m?
Maybe, you will find something here.
It's old, but maybe usefull.

www.gunsnot.com/pdfs/scatt%20manual%2002-18-03.pdf
dflast

Post by dflast »

Ah yes, the Scatt "F-coefficient." On my USB model, Scatt "slings" the virtual shot hole in the direction the trace is moving when the shot breaks. This is easy to see in shot replays. The F-coefficient tells it how much - zero doesn't throw the shot at all, a high number throws the shot quite a bit, and the faster the trace is moving the farther it gets thrown. This is intended apparently to mimic barrel time in live fire.

For airguns at least the way to find the best "F" for your particular gun is to shoot live-fire groups at 10m with the Scatt setup (some confidence required that you can keep them all on the paper!) and compare the groups on paper to the virtual groups on screen. Tinker with the F-coefficient in the shot parameters menu until you get the best match and there you'll have it. For my own Steyr AP the best value is 7.

Caveat: Scatt (and Rika and Noptel) will never produce virtual targets identical to live fire! It's an instrumented dry-fire tool not an electronic target, and can only make an educated guess about where the actual hole would be. It does a pretty good job of this but don't expect perfection.

David