Toz 35: Two stage trigger?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Tycho

Toz 35: Two stage trigger?

Post by Tycho »

According to some russian sources, it should be possible to adjust the TOZ-35 to a two stage trigger, with some tinkering. Anybody know how to do that?
paulo

Post by paulo »

I am all ears.
A person that should be in the know is Igor, his blog is here
http://toz35.blogspot.com/
if you go to the TOZ35 section/posts and scroll down he gives an idea of how to get extra 200gr pull weight by the use of a sponge, different materials will give different resistance/weight, inspired by the 1000gr pull of the World Record holder Melentiev.
ruig

Post by ruig »

It is impossible in factory version as I know.
Take pistol apart and you will understand how trigger works.

Trigger characteristics in this case is the combination of a way/length and force/weight (can be adjusted from "short" to "long" and from "light" to "heavy"). That is all.
I use a piece of rubber having approx. 200-250g weight, long soft trigger pull.
paulo

Post by paulo »

Here is one more suggestion sent to me by a free pistol enthusiast

"Subject matter can be achieved by lightly-counterboring (round-flats) the wooden fore-end in the area corresponding to the "bridge" (big lever). By stuffing in springs of different wire diameters and/or lengths and/or use of shims, I got a friend's TOZ to have a trigger weight similar to his NRA Match 22, within measureable limits.

The spring-loading range is widely adjustable with a good selection of springs on hand; and may even be externally-adjustable with some more fiddling. "
FredB

TOZ 2-stage

Post by FredB »

The TOZ trigger has a lot of free play in the forward direction, and only a very light spring keeps the blade in position to activate the sear without any play. So, if you glue a piece of foam rubber behind the trigger blade, choosing its firmness and width to correspond with your desired first stage weight and length, and you insert a piece of foam rubber (or a spring) above the big lever, choosing its firmness to correspond with your desired second stage weight, you have the feel of a 2-stage trigger. Credit to Tony Silva for this idea.

FredB
paulo

Ading Sprungs to the Trigger

Post by paulo »

Pick and choose what works for you, with some careful spring combination a two stage can be mimicked.
This is only an option for shooters that like heavy triggers.
Attachments
trigger weight.JPG