Centra VS Gehmann

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

BrentonJ

Centra VS Gehmann

Post by BrentonJ »

Hi Guys,

Looking to buy a new sight set up just looking for some opinions.

Cheers
westerngriz

Post by westerngriz »

well I have the anschutz sight set (the 20 click). I use the plastic apertures in the front and a Centra iris in the back. I really like the iris. I compared it to the others and chose it because of what was offered. It is the 'Competition' iris (i think). it is adjustable from .8mm-1.8mm, it has ten (yes TEN) color filters AND a polarizer. I just love it. But i may change the front sight soon.
matt
Charlotte

Post by Charlotte »

I have a plastic insert up front and a Gehman 550 rear iris and I like them both. Before the 550 I had the Gehman 530 and the 565. With the 565 all I wound up using was the polarization filter, so when I dropped it and needed to replace it I just got the 550. I have a Gehman adjustable front iris but like the plastic better. My guess is that it's all a matter of preference. The polarization filter on or off is what I like but other people like color filters. Centra seems to be what the top people shoot, but I doubt it would add a point to my scores to switch from Gehman to Centra.
Dave IRL

Post by Dave IRL »

I'm currently using a Centra 10-50 rearsight and a Duo Glass adjustable foresight iris. I love the rearsight. The clicks are very fine, but sharp and reassuring, while the construction means the iris hangs suspended, for superb visibility. I use a Gehmann 565 iris with filters and a polariser and I have no complaints with it.