Problem With New Morini 162EI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
zerohash

Post by zerohash »

Hi,

I had bought a Brand New Morini Pistol 162EI last year for my 16 year old son. He did some shooting and kept it. Since one year the pistol is not in use. We forgot to remove the batteries and air cylinder from it.

Today after a year when we tested it...it is not working. The battery was down which we replaced. After replacing batteries the power came but we were unable to click. We also replaced air in the cylinders. But still we are unable to click the triger.

When we remove the cylinder the lever gets lock as it has to be. And the power is also ON as it has to be. Everything looks ok but we are unable to fire.

Please help and advice.

Zero
Oz

Post by Oz »

Don't know much about the Morini's but I understand that they have a low pressure lock-out. If a pressure sensor doesn't see the pressure within an acceptable range for accuracy, it locks out the firing mechanism.

For that reason, I would believe that the pressure sensor isn't functioning, or pressure isn't making it to the pressure sensor.

I'm sure a Morini owner will be able to confirm or deny the theory.

(It's interesting... I see just enough of these electronic trigger weirdnesses to validate my decision to own a mechanical trigger. But there's no doubt that electronic triggers are certainly worth the extra effort and maintenance for many shooters out there.)

Oz
Tony C.

Post by Tony C. »

Here is what I would do:

First make sure there is no pellet left in the barrel and alway point the AP toward a safe direction.

1. Install a filled cylinder, the lock should dis-engage and the loading lever can be pull all the way back as in loading a pellet.

2. Install new battery, the LED indicator light should come on for a couple of seconds and will blink every 4 seconds afterward, if the light is blinking fast or not blinking at all, there is something wrong. If the LED light blink as it normally would, and yet the trigger didn't click when pressed, try the next step.

3. Check and make sure the trigger is not stucked in fired position and able to re-set after each shot.

4. If the above didn't slove the problem; remove grip, remove the electronic circut board, clean the board contact, re-insatll everything and try again.

If the AP still refuse to work, check with moderator of this board or e-mail Morini, I have delt with them thru e-mail and they're helpful and respond to my e-mail promptly. Hope this help and please let us know how you got it working again.
jak10x1

162EI

Post by jak10x1 »

You may need to reset if you pulled the trigger with on power or the power switch in the off position.

John
zerohash

Post by zerohash »

How Do We Reset??

Thanks everyone for your valuable replies..
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

If it doesn't click, that can't have anything to do with the air tank. Which version do you have, the early single 15V or the later series with 2 x 1.5V batteries? On the 15V you could check battery status by pushing the little button beside the switch. I'd take the grip off and plug in the naked electronics module - if everything looks tight and connected, and battery status is ok, you're probably in trouble. Could be that the microswitch is misadjusted and doesn't reset, but that would be quite unusual, especially if the pistol worked before.
zerohash

Post by zerohash »

My Morini is the one with the later series with 2 x 1.5V batteries
toznerd

Post by toznerd »

Did you remove the grip and electronics, to ensure that there was no corrosion on the battery contacts? You may get a red light, but might not get enough current through the corroded contacts to activate the solenoid. You might also check to make sure the plunger in the solenoid is not stuck, and moves freely (power off/battery out to avoid any surprises.)

toznerd
jak10x1

Post by jak10x1 »

Do you have a copy of the user manual? If not goto the Morini web site and download one.

If you can't get from there , I can fax you a copy.

You can also email Morini, they give excellent support and help on soling a problem

John
zerohash

Post by zerohash »

Dear All,

Thanks for taking out time and writing. My Morini is repaired..The technician took out the circuit from the grip. There are 3 jumpers on the backside of circuit which were jammed due to some leak from batteries. He pulled out the jumpers and cleaned the track and replaced with 3 new jumpers (regular computer motherboard jumpers). Few of the connections below the batteries were white in color due to leak. He cleaned them too with solution and had to re solder them as the solders were dry and white. You will find them below batteries. They are about 8 to to 10 of them. Just resolder and the gun started working.

Hope this helps to others.

Zero
Oz

Post by Oz »

Is a certain type of battery recommended over another to reduce the chance of leaking and corrosion?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The best method to ensure that batteries don't leak is to not leave them in there for extended periods of time with no use.

Post by Guest »

I had used Varta.The best possible battery on earth but still it leaked. What i have learnt fromallthis is not to be lazy and remove the battery and the air cylinder if not used for long period and specially in hot climate. Dont use Duracell batteries as they have more power which might blow your circuit. Use ordinary batteries insted of Alkline and remove when not is used for longer period. All the best to others who are using Morinis..
zerohash

Post by zerohash »

had used Varta batteries.The best possible battery on earth but still it leaked. What i have learnt from all this is.. not to be lazy and remove the battery and also the air cylinder and air if not used for long period and specially in hot climate. Dont use Duracell batteries as they have more power which might blow your circuit. Use ordinary batteries insted of Alkline and remove when not is used for longer period. All the best to others who are using Morinis..

Zero
joker

Post by joker »

zerohash wrote:had used Varta batteries.The best possible battery on earth but still it leaked. What i have learnt from all this is.. not to be lazy and remove the battery and also the air cylinder and air if not used for long period and specially in hot climate. Dont use Duracell batteries as they have more power which might blow your circuit. Use ordinary batteries insted of Alkline and remove when not is used for longer period. All the best to others who are using Morinis..

Zero
If by ordinary batteries you mean the old fashioned Zinc Chloride then beware - these are almost guaranteed to leak. As you say - remove any battery if not in use for more than a couple of weeks, especially if the battery is quite old. Your comment about Duracell does not make sense technically - the potential damage is related to leaking chemistry and not battery 'power'. Also do not completely empty an air cylinder - always leave a few Bars of pressure in it - otherwise if empty, moisture has more chance of gaining entry and that is very bad for all of the mechanism.
zerohash

Post by zerohash »

Sir,

leaving few bars is understood and everone should know. About Duracell..i know it is not technically right but its practicle. I have given my suggestion which i have learnt from our technicians for whome this was the common problem. Atleast 5 to six such cases were there when i went for my gun.Many members of our clubs are using the same model which i do so i am quit sure what our technician says. The first question 2 of the technician asked..which batteries i use? If Duracell please change it..

Zero