HELP!!! New to CO2...have Pardini K60 w/2 Cylinders

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

spycam56

HELP!!! New to CO2...have Pardini K60 w/2 Cylinders

Post by spycam56 »

Hello, I have a Pardini K60 w/2 Cylinders, but have never used a CO2 Pistol. I have been using a FAS 604 (self-cocking) for years, but had a chance to purchase the Pardini for very cheap. Now that I have it I dont know anything about how to fill the cylinders. Can I use compressed air for this gun, like a Hill Handpump or do I have to use CO2? Whats the supply tank setup? I am totally ignorant about CO2 & Compressed Air, so would greatly appreciate any assistance, thanks!!!
Rover

Post by Rover »

It's really simple. Go to a welding supply, fire extinguisher, or soda distributor and buy a tank of CO2. Nothing else will work.

If you get a 20 pound tank you will need one with a siphon. Smaller tanks can be turned upside down to fill your cylinders. Keep in mind that you are handling a liquid not a gas.

If your cylinders are cool (put them in the freezer for a few minutes) they will fill better.

You should have received an adapter with the gun to put on the CO2 tank and screw your cylinder onto it to fill.

Your gun must be cocked when you screw the cylinder onto it.
Cones

Post by Cones »

Also note that you need a set of scales.

You should weigh the empty pistol cylinder and then once again when filled.

This is the only way to know how much CO2 has entered the cylinder.

My Feinwerkbau C10 takes 53 grams of CO2.

You ideally want a scale that will measure to the nearest gram or 1/16 of an ounce.

HTH

Mark
Cones

Post by Cones »

This should help.

http://www.pardiniguns.com/templates/pa ... P_2003.pdf

Page 14 explains how to fill the cylinder.

HTH

Mark
Rover

Post by Rover »

I've owned 6 CO2 guns and have never bothered with a scale. If you overfill it, you just bleed a little off and you're good to go.

But, if it makes you feel better...

Post by Guest »

Rover, how would you know it's overfilled if you don't weigh it?
Rover

Post by Rover »

If you are blowing "snow" out of the muzzle or the gun won't work or gives very low velocities (you can tell) because the pressure won't let the release work properly.

If the gun is working, just go ahead and shoot your warmup shots and the pressure will be fine. If you are having problems, just bleed a little gas off. Usually I just screw the cylinder onto the uncocked pistol if I need to bleed it and quickly unscrew it after a whiff.

Sometimes the CO2 guns won't work here in Arizona because of the heat. I had to bleed my gun down a little three times during a match to cool it when the range temperature was 104F. (I still won)

My usual practice is to cool the cylinder for about 2-3 minutes in my freezer before charging and it doesn't take a really "big" drink that causes problems.
spycam56

Post by spycam56 »

WOW!!! Thanks so much for all the replys and advice....I almost feel like an Expert now!
frog5215

Post by frog5215 »

Rover wrote:If you are blowing "snow" out of the muzzle or the gun won't work or gives very low velocities (you can tell) because the pressure won't let the release work properly.

If the gun is working, just go ahead and shoot your warmup shots and the pressure will be fine. If you are having problems, just bleed a little gas off. Usually I just screw the cylinder onto the uncocked pistol if I need to bleed it and quickly unscrew it after a whiff.

Sometimes the CO2 guns won't work here in Arizona because of the heat. I had to bleed my gun down a little three times during a match to cool it when the range temperature was 104F. (I still won)

My usual practice is to cool the cylinder for about 2-3 minutes in my freezer before charging and it doesn't take a really "big" drink that causes problems.
You shoot AP OUTDOORS? How primitive!

Seriously, when the CO2 rifles were the new deal, we had guys shooting them is Air Rifle Silhouette. Between relays the guns went into a case with Cool Paks to prevent gas lock. When HPA PCPs came along, we all switched over. I understand that in a cool range environment, these things will dump the whole charge due to the low pressure protection against underpowered shots afforded by the design.

The European designers of these things have no idea how we shoot them.

I've shot my Aeron B-96 down the hall for years, bulk filled (it has the 12g option, too) but have had problems outdoors in the summer. It gets hot in Texas, too.

On the up side, CO2 gives a prodigious number of shots per charge with perfectly consistent velocity, at a constant temperature.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Actually, it was inside. The AC had gone TU. I had shot my personal best score outdoors, though.

The idea of the Cold Pak is a good one. I wish I'd thought of/heard of it sooner. I'll definately try it soon. It's supposed to be over 80F tomorrow and summer will soon be here.

I like my CO2 gun better than my CA, so maybe I won't have to switch. I WOULD trade either for a FWB103 in a heartbeat, though.