Clothing Suggestions

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

AnthonyT

Clothing Suggestions

Post by AnthonyT »

If you were going to buy an entire new kit of shooting clothes for 10m Air Rifle what would you buy. Include everything from undergarments, sweaters, trousers, coat, and boots. Trying to see what people like and don't like. I have never owned a pair of shooting pants and have an old Hawkeye leather coat (still quite stiff for its age). Wanting to get back into air rifle and would like to be equipped well enough to have fun and be competitive, but still have enough cash left so I can still pay to enter matches. All of this stuff has gotten way expensive, not that it was exactly cheap when I shot 15 years ago.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I'd wait and see how the latest clothing rules brouhaha pans out before I'd invest anything in new kit.
AnthonyT

Post by AnthonyT »

I know. It kind of worries me even after all of this cools down. You never know when they will change the rules, and with the price of equipment being what it is you hate to buy anything. I wonder how many people pass on international style shooting due to this and go and shoot something like 3-gun, cowboy action, or IDPA. Far simpler rules.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Thats why I shoot pistol, the worst thing they did to me was tell me I can't wear jeans ;)
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

AnthonyT wrote:I know. It kind of worries me even after all of this cools down. You never know when they will change the rules, and with the price of equipment being what it is you hate to buy anything. I wonder how many people pass on international style shooting due to this and go and shoot something like 3-gun, cowboy action, or IDPA. Far simpler rules.
I think it's fair to say no changes will come in before 2013 - i.e. post olympics. I've just forked out on a new jacket so I hope it doesn't become obsolete anytime soon, but if you shoot ISSF then you know the rules move on. Generally major changes are rare but they happen.

The jeans ruling shouldn't affect my pistol shooting events because most comps I shoot in are not classed as ISSF supervised and some at least haven't applied that rule interpretation - or rather have stated they're not applying it. I will need to watch carefully a rifle comp I intend entering later in the year as that one hasn't yet stated what they're doing.

Rob.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

AnthonyT wrote:... I wonder how many people pass on international style shooting due to this and go and shoot something like 3-gun, cowboy action, or IDPA. Far simpler rules.
All those that were looking for an excuse???