FWB 600 tear down for re-seal

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ishoottrap

FWB 600 tear down for re-seal

Post by ishoottrap »

For those that are interested, I shot a few photos of the dis-assembly of my FWB-600 for new seals:

http://home.comcast.net/~scot_for_sale/ ... index.html

The breach seal on the end of the barrel was dry and brittle, breaking into 3 pieces when it was remove. This gun is EXTREMELY easy to service at this level, 1 "C" clip and 4 socket head cap screws breaks it into the receiver/barrel assembly, 4 more to remove the valve and 4 more to remove the piston (OK, 2 are flat head #2 Phillips but you get the idea). I've included an exploded view for parts cross reference. Hard to believe you can get an SSP to diesel, guess it get's pretty warm pretty fast when you compress air that much! I don't know what lube was used on this gun in the past as I just acquired it, FWB recommends boldly that only "Feinwerkbau Special Lube" is to be used anywhere on the gun. Any questions, give me a holler.

OOPS! The valve as shown has the head/stem piece pointing the wrong way. The long end goes through the main valve body, otherwise it's correct.

-Scot
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Scot

Great pictures and i'm sure of huge help to many FWB 600 owners.

During the life span of the 600 series, 600, 601 and 602 modifications were done to the internal mechanism. The compression piston on the later 601 and 602, 603 had an articulated end where the lever attached.

Another mod was the poppet valve where they changed the metal from plain steel to stainless steel so it would not rust. Early valves corroded causing air leaks.
Also of course was the safety ratchet that they fitted to the 601 cocking lever.

Check to see if these upgrades can be done to the 600.

JSB