Super Sunday Clinic

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

Super Sunday Clinic

Post by Rover »

Super Sunday Clinic and Practice Match at Phoenix Rod and Gun Club.

Here is another chance to put a gun in your hand - to "grip the wood and let it explode in your hand"- Erich Buljung

The format for the match will be the same, start at 8:30 shoot .22 then a 15 minute break( which we will use to discuss the principle of 300), then we will shoot the CF match(of course you can shoot this with a .22 also) then for lunch, which I expect to be at 12 noon we will enjoy lunch and discuss the basics of pistol marksmanship.

To Include:

1. Stance
a. body alignment
b. natural point of aim
c. wind stance
d. slow and sustained fire

2. Grip
a. hand position
b. finger position
c. how to get a grip
d. lock that wrist
e. lift with a grip

3. Sight Alignment
a. proper sight alignment
b. irons vs red dot
c. focus

4. Trigger Control
a. constant pressure
b. proper finger location
c. slow and sustained fire

5. Hold Through
a. what happens after the shot is fired
b. tips to "stay with the shot"
c. get ready for the next one
d. enjoy the process

After lunch we will shoot another 900 to complete the 2700 aggregate. A service pistol match is scheduled at the completion of the 2700. Those vying for a slot on the AZ state team at Camp Perry this year need to submit at least three scores, so bring your balll gun and ammo.

So take advantage of having 5 time National Champion Steve Reiter available for questions as we will have a question and answer period for each topic discussed.

Hope you all can find time in your schedule to make it to the range on Sunday for some "practice" and "training"

So bag a lunch and come on out.

John Zurek
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

John, I would love to be there but I am in Italy right now watching it rain mostly. No fair practicing without me for the Desert Midwinter. See you there. :-)Kate
jsealc21

clinic

Post by jsealc21 »

Hi John,very much enjoyed shooting with you fellows at the sectionals...unfortunately won't be making your clinic. (although I desperately need it )
have a great time,and thanks for the offer
Jonathan