How to get zero stability in air rifle ?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Forglori

How to get zero stability in air rifle ?

Post by Forglori »

hello guys..i am shooting full time from about 20months.. i am 18 now..
recently i figured out on scatt that i have a good aiming area on 10.. my speed is around 15 which is nt gud n the length is 18mm avg.. n i am a shooter who shoots after the front sight is well good for long time.. i shoot slow and take more time for shot preparation..
a coach asked me to produce better stability as he said i am giving good holding but i need to find zero stability..
i am shooting 587 average in all national lvl competitions from last 8months..my finals are allways good and in training with finalists on command i was able to shoot a 106.3
i use walther anatomic..

could any one help me how i can slower my aim or find a zero position as a cannot get in touch with any coach..
2650 Plus

Zero Hold

Post by 2650 Plus »

Absolute stillness in standing may be an impossible goal. To try for it I would first recommend training on wobble boards . Work to stabilize your body. You may want to include your rifle in shooting position. But somewhere along the way you may find that assuming your firing position with your eyes closed then opening them and finally finding the target exactly centered in the front sight apperature will be your zero hold. Good Shooting Bill Horton
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

With a 587 average you've not got a lot of problems, but if you have no coaches "Air rifle shooting" by Heinz Reinkemeier ( I think our host has it if its not available in India) has a lot of very good material right up to the highest levels, and has a lot on finding your zero position.
Best regards
Robin
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I agree with what Bill suggests. In addition to the wobble board work, you could also do some specific exercises. I would suggest core stability work would help as would training without the shooting clothing on. The latter should help you develop the muscles more such that when shooting clothed you are more stable - note don't overdo that though as you don't want to risk injury. If you have the scatt files then post them up and the folks here can take a look at them.

Rob.
FWB_700_Alu

Post by FWB_700_Alu »

Yes, your SCATT files would be interesting.
mobarron

Post by mobarron »

Does anybody have a source for wobble boards? I've wanted to try them but never could find a source.